Timeline only showing last few hours of recorded video

Reaction score
I don't think I properly understand how the timeline playback view works. I have a 2TB drive and in "Clips and archiving" I set "New" folder to Limit size of 1800GB with limit clip age to 14 days, and "delete". In the camera specific Record settings I have combine or cut set to 8hrs and 4GB (the defaults I think) and "cut video when triggered..." is unticked.

I have two cameras both set to "continuous" record and when I look in the "new" folder I can see video files since I set it like this a couple of days ago. In the playback timeline view though, I only have coloured bars for about the last 4 hours for one camera and about 2 for the other. If I double-click any earlier than the two bars for playback, I just get blank windows.

Is there anything obvious I'm doing wrong?

Richard

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think I properly understand how the timeline playback view works. I have a 2TB drive and in "Clips and archiving" I set "New" folder to Limit size of 1800GB with limit clip age to 14 days, and "delete". In the camera specific Record settings I have combine or cut set to 8hrs and 4GB (the defaults I think) and "cut video when triggered..." is unticked.

I have two cameras both set to "continuous" record and when I look in the "new" folder I can see video files since I set it like this a couple of days ago. In the playback timeline view though, I only have coloured bars for about the last 4 hours for one camera and about 2 for the other. If I double-click any earlier than the two bars for playback, I just get blank windows.

Is there anything obvious I'm doing wrong?

Richard
post images of your settings and the timeline...
record tab and clips and archiving...never use the limit clip to days option..its pointless, you should retain as much footage as storage space allows..

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. Yep, that sounds sensible about the limit clip to days. I've now unticked it (after taking the screen shots)

BI timeline.png BI record setting.png BI oil setting.png BI drive setting.png

Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Oh, and here's my "New" folder. Less recordings than I thought, but still much more than showing on timeline:
BI folder.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont know why that would happen..did you try restarting? try regenerating the database or delete the db folder and restart blue iris (you will loose trigger markings if you delete the db folder)...

Reaction score
Thanks.

Things have improved overnight without me doing anything. I've just got up (UK) and it appeared to have found some more recordings by itself:

BI timeline2.png

I've just done a repair and that didn't bring any extra video footage in but did create a gap:

BI timeline3.png

This may well be legitimate from when I was fiddling about!

Interestingly the gap in the blue between 4-ish and 8-ish on 19th July should also be a gap in green - there was a power cut and the PC did not restart (need to investigate BIOS settings again). Other than that, it's looking much better now, so I'll keep an eye on it to see if it continues to behave itself.

Thanks again.