Timeline thumbnails MIA

AngryToast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello there. n00b to Blue Iris here. I have it basically set up - still sorting through some issues but one has me puzzled: I don't have alert thumbnails on my camera timeline.

I have selected one camera to appear in the timeline. And zoomed in and out. Nothing.

I've enabled the "Capture alert list image" enabled on each cameras trigger page. Nothing. Is there another switch I need to turn on somewhere? I've looked all over and can't figure it out.

Thanks for your help.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What are you using to generate trigger alerts.

Have you watched the Youtube video on setting up simple motion detection in BI ?

AngryToast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What are you using to generate trigger alerts.

Have you watched the Youtube video on setting up simple motion detection in BI ?
I am using motion detection to generate the trigger alerts.

I sure did watch that video - I even watched this one

and it's basically what I want to do...even though the version in the video is older.
At 3:12 he shows selecting the option for "Create Alert List Images When Triggered" on the Record tab of a camera. In my version [5.0.8.2] that option does not exist on the record tab of my camera. However, there is what I believe is the same/similar option on the Trigger tab for each of my cameras that is labeled "Capture an alert list image" - and I have that checked.

My scenario is I have my camera recording set to continuous and then I went in to the triggers tab and turned the "Capture an alert list image" option on. My assumption that would make the thumbnails appear in the timeline when I have one camera selected and zoomed out.

I can see the alerts for this camera (see below screenshot) so I know they are firing. I do have concern with what the "NO ENTRY" icon is to the right of some of these alert.
Below that you can see my timeline with no thumbnails.

Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 6.39.32 PM.png