Tinycam and Laview (hikvision) NVR

jdougal

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm attempting to get the Tinycam app to work with my IP cam setup. I attempted the scan feature and it didn't discover anything. (I'm assuming because they're behind the NVR on a different subnet).

I have a LV-N9808C8E NVR, which doesn't look like an option with the app. I tried to do a generic cam to the NVR IP since there's no generic NVR with no success.

Am I missing something or is what I want to do impossible? I want to ultimately create an Android box and run TinyCam Pro on it all the time. However, I first need to confirm I can get my cams added on the app.

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
I'm the developer behind tinyCam Monitor. Never tested your NVR. Provide me a temporary access by PM to it and I will try to add it.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you not add it as a generic cam using the rtsp stream?

You should be able to use the following RSTP link for your streams. Try in VLC first to ensure that they work.

rtsp://user:pass@192.168.2.30:8554/PSIA/streaming/channels/101

Hope that helps.

RoughLaw

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello there Mr. TinyCam.
Any news on this? I've been a longtime supporter of tinycam, and I still don't see support for laview cameras and the NVR. I have two work places and one home powered by laview systems, and would love to use your app for it. Please advise.

I'm the developer behind tinyCam Monitor. Never tested your NVR. Provide me a temporary access by PM to it and I will try to add it.

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
At the moment app supports:

Laview
LV-KDV1402B6BP (rtsp/h264)
LV-KDV1404B6BP (rtsp/h264)
LV-KDV1804B6BP (rtsp/h264)
LV-KDV1608B6BP (rtsp/h264)
LV-KDV2402W1 (rtsp/h264)
LV-KDV2404W1 (rtsp/h264)
LV-KDV2804W1 (rtsp/h264)
LV-KDV2608W1 (rtsp/h264)
LV-PC902F2-W (jpeg, rtsp/h264,motion detection, 2-w audio, led)
LV-N9808C8E (rtsp/h264)

RoughLaw

n3wb
Reaction score
That list has been the same for almost two years, yet the new NVRs are the hottest selling items all over Amazon and Newegg, and 90% of the combos use the same NVR: LV-N9808C8E

The cameras are hikvision rebrands, but the NVR is unique and don't know what brand to use to get it to work. Please advise!
Thanks in advance!

RoughLaw

n3wb
Reaction score
I
That list has been the same for almost two years, yet the new NVRs are the hottest selling items all over Amazon and Newegg, and 90% of the combos use the same NVR: LV-N9808C8E

The cameras are hikvision rebrands, but the NVR is unique and don't know what brand to use to get it to work. Please advise!
Thanks in advance!
Meant to say that regardless of what setting I use for the model listed, it does not seem to work. If that model is supported, can you tell me with what settings please? Thank you.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Thanks in advance!
The nvr is not unique...you are likely using the wrong port..post an image of your settings.

Jesterbw

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello
Did anyone ever get this to work?
I’m also trying to get my nvr on the tinycam app using the navidia shield.
Thank you

skywaytp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hi alexvas,

I have purchased TinyCam Pro but never used it because I didn't know how to set it up and configurate it.
One time I tried with with my Annke Cube, it worked only locally when my phone is on the same home network. Outside of that, it does not work or I didn't know how to set up.

One more thing is that can I use TinyCam Pro with Blue Iris?
I have bought an Blue Iris app for my phone too, but I could not get it work.

I'm now stuck with 02 apps which I don't know how to use.

Please advise!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hi alexvas,

I have purchased TinyCam Pro but never used it because I didn't know how to set it up and configurate it.
One time I tried with with my Annke Cube, it worked only locally when my phone is on the same home network. Outside of that, it does not work or I didn't know how to set up.

One more thing is that can I use TinyCam Pro with Blue Iris?
I have bought an Blue Iris app for my phone too, but I could not get it work.

I'm now stuck with 02 apps which I don't know how to use.

Please advise!
you can use tiny cam pro with BI but it is silly...you cant review video, get push notifications, changes profiles etc...
if you could not get the blue iris app to work you wont be able to get tinycam to work....
you either need to setup port forwarding for the blue iris webserver or setup a vpn which is the more secure method...lots of threads explaining how to do this.

skywaytp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
you can use tiny cam pro with BI but it is silly...you cant review video, get push notifications, changes profiles etc...
if you could not get the blue iris app to work you wont be able to get tinycam to work....
you either need to setup port forwarding for the blue iris webserver or setup a vpn which is the more secure method...lots of threads explaining how to do this.
Hi fenderman,

I finally have the Blue Iris PC and the cams work after reading alot of threads and watching the series. I'm not a tech savy. I had a NVR and some cams before and it was easy following steps from the NVR. I used LaView Net and Hikvision iVMS-4500 as an mobile app and did not have to set up port forwarding.

I love Blue Iris and want to try, thus I bought a new PC, purchased the Blue Iris program and a mobile app through Play Store, but I don't know how to set up the mobile app. I have been reading threads here, but could not find any setup thread yet.
- First 5 and last 5 digits were obtained from BI license
- LAN and WAN info from Webserver in BI
- I left the username and password blank because I don't set those on my Blue Iris PC. What are they?
- I read Help, Getting Started, but I stuck on the portforward.com

Without setting portward, I thought it would work locally but it did not connect giving me the message wrong user/pwd and "unable to reach server" when I'm not on the home network.
I really want to read more about how to set up from threads in here, but I have not come accross any yet. Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi fenderman,

I finally have the Blue Iris PC and the cams work after reading alot of threads and watching the series. I'm not a tech savy. I had a NVR and some cams before and it was easy following steps from the NVR. I used LaView Net and Hikvision iVMS-4500 as an mobile app and did not have to set up port forwarding.

I love Blue Iris and want to try, thus I bought a new PC, purchased the Blue Iris program and a mobile app through Play Store, but I don't know how to set up the mobile app. I have been reading threads here, but could not find any setup thread yet.
- First 5 and last 5 digits were obtained from BI license
- LAN and WAN info from Webserver in BI
- I left the username and password blank because I don't set those on my Blue Iris PC. What are they?
- I read Help, Getting Started, but I stuck on the portforward.com

Without setting portward, I thought it would work locally but it did not connect giving me the message wrong user/pwd and "unable to reach server" when I'm not on the home network.
I really want to read more about how to set up from threads in here, but I have not come accross any yet. Thanks
you need to setup a user and password in blue iris options users...its not the username of the pc..
read the vpn primer for noobs thread

skywaytp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hi fenderman,
I've read the following thread
VPN Primer for Noobs
but I still don't know how to set up the BI app. It's a great writing but it sounds like a research paper to my ear, not a practical steps of set up. So for people like me who are not great on computer set up, it's over my head. :facepalm:

protocol57

n3wb
Reaction score
So I managed to sorta connect with the android Tinycam app thru my (LV-N9808C8E) NVR to my IP cams by using the ports that the NVR exposes. Granted I'm just using the "Snapshot" protocol, but it's a start... haven't had time to tinker to a deeper extend.

For example, my NVR is at 192.168.2.2, and it exposes the IP cams using ports that range from 65001 thru 65009... or similar (check the NVR configs and make sure that's enabled)
Thus, camera#1 can be accessed thru NVR at 192.168.2.2:65001

On Each camera in TinyCam I set:
Camera Brand: Hikvision
Model: DS-2CD2042-I
Hostname/IP: [NVR IP]
Web port number: 6500X ( X changes depending on the camera)
Protocol: Snapshot
(I am not using HTTPS, since I just VPN in into my LAN when not at home)

Maximo101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I managed to get Tinycam app showing my Hikvision cameras (on a different subnet to my local network) which are connected to my Hikvision 7608ni-i2 8ch nvr.
The details I used are:
Brand: Hikvision
Camera: DS-7608NI-E2/8P
IP: 192.168.1### (nvr ip on my lan)
Web port: 554
Protocol: RTSP over TCP (MPEG)
RTSP Port: 554
This works when connected on local network wifi.
I have Remote access enabled on the nvr (ports opened on router) and with my ip entered, I can see the cameras remotely.
Hope this helps anyone trying to use Tiny cam.

mtagt56

n3wb
Reaction score
I managed to get Tinycam app showing my Hikvision cameras (on a different subnet to my local network) which are connected to my Hikvision 7608ni-i2 8ch nvr.
The details I used are:
Brand: Hikvision
Camera: DS-7608NI-E2/8P
IP: 192.168.1### (nvr ip on my lan)
Web port: 554
Protocol: RTSP over TCP (MPEG)
RTSP Port: 554
This works when connected on local network wifi.
I have Remote access enabled on the nvr (ports opened on router) and with my ip entered, I can see the cameras remotely.
Hope this helps anyone trying to use Tiny cam.
hello when I try these3 settings I get 100% fp drop - so no video using NVIDIA Shield

Maximo101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hello when I try these3 settings I get 100% fp drop - so no video using NVIDIA Shield
I am not familiar with Nvidia shield. I haven't changed my setting from above and still working great. I'm getting 15fps and 15 KB/s, which is fine for just checking the cameras.