tinyCam Cloud - yet another cloud service for RTSP, Wyze Cams, Neos SmartCams, P2P

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
Want to introduce you our IP cameras cloud based service designed for small businesses and home users - tinyCam Cloud.

It works with majority of modern IP cameras (Wyze Cams, any RTSP camera, P2P cameras w/ 20 characters UIDs). 24/7 continuous recording (no missed events) on fully encrypted private cloud storage.

Checkout our demo at tinyCam Cloud

Subscription cost for 7 days video history per month per camera is:

3.99 USD for Wyze Cams and P2P cams.
5.99 USD for RTSP cameras.

P.S. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
We have added playback speed selection from 0.1x to 3x into both web and Android client.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
So thats a per camera, per month charge?

edit.. just saw that its the case...

love the idea, think its a bit steep, but good luck

Last edited:

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
There is no bandwidth limitation at the moment. But we allow max 2048*1536 video stream resolution.

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
So I'm guessing you are re-encoding the video to a lower bit rate for storage?

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
No video reencoding. It is stored in original format with original bitrate.
Only audio is reencoded.

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
Support for motion detection mask in tinyCam Cloud has just been added. Account tab - Camera Parameters - Change Mask. Feature is available for both web and Android version of tinyCam Cloud.

motion_detection_mask.png

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
this is cool but I guess not very usefull with ADSL connection because of upload bandwidth limitation.

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You just need to be sure that you have at least 100KiB/sec upload connection and specify RTSP sub-stream in the cloud. You can check your upload speed via Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test
Problem with "you just need 100K" is that ADSL is limited to 100K, uploading sub-stream is a way to lower bandwidth requirements but mean you have to store high quality video locally and if you can do it then you can handle your own access to the video server.

tinyCal Cloud is a good idea but I think only for people with better than ADSL upload bandwidth or people who can deal with low-quality video or if they have only one camera with dedicated DSL connection.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Not to mention that using all your upload bandwidth continuously is going to turn your already poor internet connection into trash.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Problem with "you just need 100K" is that ADSL is limited to 100K, uploading sub-stream is a way to lower bandwidth requirements but mean you have to store high quality video locally and if you can do it then you can handle your own access to the video server.

tinyCal Cloud is a good idea but I think only for people with better than ADSL upload bandwidth or people who can deal with low-quality video or if they have only one camera with dedicated DSL connection.
I don't know what the position is in the US or other countries, but in the UK it's limited to 100kbs, but if you ask your IP provider they will uncap it for free. Typically, this results in an upload speed of 10% of the download speed ie 5mbs down = 500kbs up etc.

As an alternative, I recently got 35mbs fibre for less than my ADSL cost. Prices are falling from some vendors so worth enquiring about your ADSL both for uncapping or checking your local prices of ADSL vs fibre. Fibre has the added advantage of being more reliable because the infrastructure is new and there's less copper used in the system to oxidise.

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't know what the position is in the US or other countries, but in the UK it's limited to 100kbs, but if you ask your IP provider they will uncap it for free. Typically, this results in an upload speed of 10% of the download speed ie 5mbs down = 500kbs up etc.

As an alternative, I recently got 35mbs fibre for less than my ADSL cost. Prices are falling from some vendors so worth enquiring about your ADSL both for uncapping or checking your local prices of ADSL vs fibre. Fibre has the added advantage of being more reliable because the infrastructure is new and there's less copper used in the system to oxidise.
Uncap ADSL upload sync to go over 1Mbits/s ??? never heard about this option are you sure ? I know that if you sync below some values then upload will also reduce, for example if you have only 2Mb/s down sync then your up sync will be 320Kb/s but whenever you get 20Mb/s down sync I never heard that a provider can let you choose up sync higher than 1Mb/s (at least in France or Belgium)

But of course if you can get Fiber or VDSL it is no more a question but that was not the point as I was talking about specific low upload bandwidth connexions that a lot of people still have especially at country.

Last edited:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
It's not publicised. Whilst I was on ADSL I've had mine uncapped for more than 5 years with 2 different providers. In the UK at least, you just have to telephone them and ask. They push a few buttons on the PC, and in a few hours, your uplink is uncapped to around 10% of the download speed, completely FOC.

I think the reason it's not publicised is because they cap it deliberately to reduce bandwidth use and so don't want everyone uncapping.

There's a thread here of uncap requests from a UK Broadband Provider's forum:

uncap upload speed - Plusnet Community

You'll see for those on a modern ADSL2 exchange (the thread was from 2013 and so pre-dates universal ADSL2), there is no charge.

Also, Dodutils, I think you misread above, the upload speed discussed was 100kbs not 1Mbs (1,000kbs). That said, I'm not aware in the UK any upward restriction on broadband speed if uncapped. It's limited by the speed with which your router can sync with the exchange and that in turn is reflective of your download speed. If you're seeing download speeds on ADSL2 of in excess of 10Mbs, then it's quite possible you may be able to exceed 1Mbs on the up side as generally it works out to be 10% of the download speed.

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Also, Dodutils, I think you misread above, the upload speed discussed was 100kbs not 1Mbs (1,000kbs).
Absolutely right, I've read 100KBs (big B for bytes) intead of the 100Kbs (small b for bits) so you mean that in UK they under cap the UP sync ? amazing, but anymway whenever you have the max 1Mbs UP sync it's only near 100KB/s that is not enough for correct FullHD quality video stream, only medium quality and ... for one camera only and ... if you do not use the UP stream for anything else.

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
tinyCam Cloud now allows viewing multiple cameras timelines if you have multiple cameras subscription.
Enable 'Show all cameras on timeline' checkbox. Use Q/A keys to switch between timelines via keyboard.

a1.png

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
We have added support for Neos SmartCam (popular Wyze like camera available on Amazon UK) into tinyCam Cloud for 2.99 GBP per camera per month w/ 7 days history and 24/7 recording. More info available here tinyCam Cloud

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
A typical RTSP camera sends significantly more data than typical P2P camera. The main price for cloud is storage. That is why it is more expensive for RTSP cameras.