Tinycam on Firestick: how to choose substream instead of main?

RMatt

n3wb
Reaction score
I have installed Tinycam Monitor Pro on an Amazon Firestick. I am using this to continuously monitor two Dahua Starlight series cameras, the Starlight Fixed Lens Turret (IPC-HDW4231EM-AS) and the Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z).

All is working, but I would like to switch the Firestick to a lower bandwidth substream to reduce potential congestion on my home network. I cannot find anywhere in the Tinycam settings to select this.

Help!

Thanks.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
edit settings for channel number or manually specify the rtsp address for the sub-stream when adding a 'generic' camera

RMatt

n3wb
Reaction score
edit settings for channel number or manually specify the rtsp address for the sub-stream when adding a 'generic' camera
Changing the channel number from 1 to 2 or 3 just loses the video signal.

Is the "rtsp address" the port number or something else? While logged into the camera, I see the port number is listed as 554, which is what I have entered in TinyCam Pro. Is the port number what I should change, or another address? How do I determine that?

Thanks for your help.,

Last edited:

RMatt

n3wb
Reaction score
@RMatt - This

Or just go into settings and select the Low Bandwidth option.
I do not see a Low Bandwidth setting in my TinyCam Pro app, newly downloaded on Firestick. The app does not list my camera model; I selected Dahua, IPC-HDW4830EM-AS. The only options are
  1. Camera status
  2. Enabled
  3. Camera name
  4. Camera brand
  5. Camera model
  6. Hostname/IP addres
  7. Web port number
  8. Protocol (RTSP over TCP)
  9. RTSP port number
  10. Use HTTPS
  11. Username
  12. Password
  13. Advanced settings
Under Advanced settings, Channel number, Aspect ratio, Image rotation, and PTZ controls rotation.

Changing the channel number from 1 to 2 or 3 causes loss of video.

Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
I do not see a Low Bandwidth setting in my TinyCam Pro app, newly downloaded on Firestick. The app does not list my camera model; I selected Dahua, IPC-HDW4830EM-AS. The only options are
  1. Camera status
  2. Enabled
  3. Camera name
  4. Camera brand
  5. Camera model
  6. Hostname/IP addres
  7. Web port number
  8. Protocol (RTSP over TCP)
  9. RTSP port number
  10. Use HTTPS
  11. Username
  12. Password
  13. Advanced settings
Under Advanced settings, Channel number, Aspect ratio, Image rotation, and PTZ controls rotation.

Changing the channel number from 1 to 2 or 3 causes loss of video.

Thanks for your help.
On an Android version, the Low Bandwidth option is not listed on each Camera's settings, but instead as an overall option. On my version, if I tap on the 4 bars in the upper left corner, it takes you to all the options for TinyCam Pro. Scrolling down towards the bottom, there is options for what are known as 'Toggles'. The very first option here is 'Low Bandwidth Profile' See if you have this somewhere.

RMatt

n3wb
Reaction score
On an Android version, the Low Bandwidth option is not listed on each Camera's settings, but instead as an overall option. On my version, if I tap on the 4 bars in the upper left corner, it takes you to all the options for TinyCam Pro. Scrolling down towards the bottom, there is options for what are known as 'Toggles'. The very first option here is 'Low Bandwidth Profile' See if you have this somewhere.
Thanks. I will check this out when I get home.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
From Dahua's documentation:
Code:
Syntax rtsp://<username>:<password>@<ip>:<port>/cam/realmonitor?channel=<ChannelNo>&subtype=<typeNo>
Description
Get real-time media stream.
Example: We request the extra stream 1 of channel 1, the URL is: rtsp://admin:admin@10.7.6.67:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1
<username>: a valid user’s username.
<password>: user’s password.
< ip>: the IP address of the video product.
<port >: the default port is 554. It can be omitted.
<ChannelNo>: integer, the video channel index which starts from 1.
<typeNo>: the stream type. The <typeNo> of main stream is 0, extra stream 1 is 1, extra stream 2 is 2.
The extra stream counts can be obtained in GetMaxExtraStreamCounts. If the stream does not exist or not enabled, response will be error.
The IP Camera supports both TCP and UDP transmission forms.
It also supplies basic authentication and digest authentication ways. The authentication process issimilar with Authentication.

RMatt

n3wb
Reaction score
From Dahua's documentation:
Code:
Syntax rtsp://<username>:<password>@<ip>:<port>/cam/realmonitor?channel=<ChannelNo>&subtype=<typeNo>
Description
Get real-time media stream.
Example: We request the extra stream 1 of channel 1, the URL is: rtsp://admin:admin@10.7.6.67:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1
<username>: a valid user’s username.
<password>: user’s password.
< ip>: the IP address of the video product.
<port >: the default port is 554. It can be omitted.
<ChannelNo>: integer, the video channel index which starts from 1.
<typeNo>: the stream type. The <typeNo> of main stream is 0, extra stream 1 is 1, extra stream 2 is 2.
The extra stream counts can be obtained in GetMaxExtraStreamCounts. If the stream does not exist or not enabled, response will be error.
The IP Camera supports both TCP and UDP transmission forms.
It also supplies basic authentication and digest authentication ways. The authentication process is similar with Authentication.
Thanks so much. Finding the low bandwidth setting addressed my immediate problem, but I am filing this away.

I much appreciate your help.