Tinycam quit working on 4.7.3.0 - Fix included

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just spent an hour in the Tinycam app trying to figure out why my cameras wouldn't show. Turns out that you'll need to uncheck the "Use new UI3 preview for non-IE browsers" checkbox on the Web Server tab in BI Options dialogue box.

No worries with unchecking that box, you can still access UI3 by browsing to it manually @ /ui3.htm.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That is strange. I wonder what Tinycam is doing that would be affected by this. Scraping the login page instead of using the JSON API for authentication would be my guess.

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Out of curiosity I just verified IP Cam Viewer on an iOS device and that app is still able to access the cameras offered up by the BI server with the UI3 option set.

Reaction score
Out of curiosity I just verified IP Cam Viewer on an iOS device and that app is still able to access the cameras offered up by the BI server with the UI3 option set.
Def something going on with Tinycam. After I thought I was all good last night, tried getting in this morning and nothing would work again. After more troubleshooting, found that BI had blacklisted my phone's IP address (WAN IP - I wasn't on wifi). I assume this was due to 5 bad password attempts, which I do have that setting turned on in BI.

Whatever the issue - its not a showstopper. Easy workarounds for now.