4MP/5MP/8MP Eyeball

DH-IPC-HDW3449H-AS-PV-S3
DH-IPC-HDW3549H-AS-PV-S3
DH-IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV-S3

Found a related thread

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Not seeing anything on sensor size and cant find spec pages on the cameras …

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Especially the 8MP one lol.

The 4MP doesn't do too bad because it benefits from a better f stop.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This one caught my eye but discovered 4MP @ 2.7 CMOS with F1.0

I have the DH-IPC-HDW3449HP-AS-PV on that sensor and F-stop and it is a really good camera for that sensor. I think the better F-stop compensates for it not being on an ideal sensor size.

Looking at the spec, I do not see what this has over the one I have though.

Are they simply rebranding or remarketing TIOC?

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Are they simply rebranding or remarketing TIOC?
maybe same shit as hikvision with g3/g5 ...
they cannot get any chips, so they make "new" cameras.. so marketing could be true... worser cpu/power chips = new name

maybe the cpu on 8mp is now worser than before... ;) max bitrate 2048@10fps :love:

Dualedge

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm considering this TIOC 2.0 over the original one because the newer one has combinations of IR and white illumination lights (can turn on and off depends on the rule) where as the original TIOC only has white illumination that need to be on all the time.

But reading this forum the image quality isn't that great at night due to smaller sensor and the full colour 2.0 seem to produce way better night vision but i dont think full colour series have active deterrent like TIOC series which i like.

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm considering this TIOC 2.0 over the original one because the newer one has combinations of IR and white illumination lights (can turn on and off depends on the rule) where as the original TIOC only has white illumination that need to be on all the time.

But reading this forum the image quality isn't that great at night due to smaller sensor and the full colour 2.0 seem to produce way better night vision but i dont think full colour series have active deterrent like TIOC series which i like.

Mix n Match, it is hard to find one camera to cover all your needs. My property has a choke point that funnels traffic. I cover it with two Dahua 5442; one in forced full color and one in B&W/infrared/color and I have a full color Dahua 4239 6MM that will soon be in the mix. Three cameras filming the same scene.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
They say the difference is the Fstop and the “auto” ability for it to switch from IR to white light by itself, along with better detection and with the PTZ (which I can’t find a spec page for?) better tracking and PFA 3.0……

So they say

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
They say the difference is the Fstop and the “auto” ability for it to switch from IR to white light by itself, along with better detection and with the PTZ (which I can’t find a spec page for?) better tracking and PFA 3.0……

So they say

Here is your PTZ unless my old eyes missed a digit in the model #;

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

So they say

I might be a Guinea Pig and buy one to try. I ruled out the original TIOC due to some parameters that the 2.0 seems to improve upon.

I have some areas to cover that should have no one in the area without scaling fences/gates, this seems to be a good fit for that area.

I can tell you my Dahua 4239 F1.0 2MP has really good night vision with normal ambient light.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
The trouble with TIOC is Dahua are relying on built in led lights to act as floodlights to make up for inferior sensors. If they'd just put TIOC features ie. Flashing police light, siren, speaker, microphone in large sensor camera, they'd have a winner (provided you could still control / disable / customise such TIOC features as you desire).

I personally don't see a way forward for built in Led's floods given rising energy costs, light pollution, issues with neigbours over light at night and environmental concerns when large sensor cameras are available. TIOC is best combine with latest large sensor cameras to give highly sensitive night cameras with additional active scare features.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The trouble with TIOC is Dahua are relying on built in led lights to act as floodlights to make up for inferior sensors. If they'd just put TIOC features ie. Flashing police light, siren, speaker, microphone in large sensor camera, they'd have a winner (provided you could still control / disable / customise such TIOC features as you desire).

I personally don't see a way forward for built in Led's floods given rising energy costs, light pollution, issues with neigbours over light at night and environmental concerns along when large sensor cameras are available. TIOC is best combine with latest large sensor cameras to give highly sensitive night cameras with additional active scare features.
Yep, and up until the 4K/X, the LED lights on these cams are more gimmicky once you dial them in to eliminate blur. It is no different than taking a cellphone flashlight and trying to see far out at night - doesn't happen.

But my TIOC location has a floodlight in its field of view and that better f-stop makes it a winner. I don't even have the white LED come on as it degrades the picture.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I agree. TIOC features are valuable but only if separate from a need to illuminate. It's also important to be able to delay or disable their use on a feature by feature basis as the flashing police lights degrade the image. Great for scaring intruders off, but you need to be able to capture a good unadulterated image first which is where the delay settings come into their own. Also, in some locations users won't want to use those features at all which is where disable comes in handy.

Luckily the cameras have these built in, but Dahua overlooked the sensor issue. I'm guessing larger sensors are more expensive, but then so are leds and supporting circuitry. Surely not much more epensive once you've added 2 white led's plus control circuitry to simply take a 5442 or the new dual lens camera and add TIOC features to it so you have the best of both worlds in the 1 unit. Just designate them 5442 TIOC or 5449T1-ASE+D2 TIOC etc and charge the extra $20 or so it probably costs to add the speaker, mic and police leds. I bet Dahua would have saved on tooling and production line costs and increase production speed as you simply producing a modifed existing camera rather than a new production product from scratch so technically a lot of the production could probably be shared up until the points the products diverge.

Last edited: