TOP-201 and ZoneMinder?

Banderaz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
Bought this cheap camera off an ebay seller: POE 720P Mini IP Camera Vandal Proof Network CCTV Outdoor Night Vision 3.6MM | eBay
37$ so happy with price vs picture and with POE.
But I strugle to get it work with ZoneMinder. Anyone who has this or any other NVT/TOP-201 camera working with ZoneMinder?
I can see stream with original software, with VLC and with BlueIris, but since my setup is best served with ZoneMinder I hoped to get this to work.

The Onvif device manager report this:

Any help would be great!
I run ZoneMinder 1.30 on my Unraid system.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi,
Bought this cheap camera off an ebay seller: POE 720P Mini IP Camera Vandal Proof Network CCTV Outdoor Night Vision 3.6MM | eBay
But I strugle to get it work with ZoneMinder. Anyone who has this or any other NVT/TOP-201 camera working with ZoneMinder?
I can see stream with original software, with VLC and with BlueIris, but since my setup is best served with ZoneMinder I hoped to get this to work.

Any help would be great!
How is your setup best served with zone minder over blue iris?

vasycara

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

Any help would be great!

Attachments

Banderaz

n3wb
Reaction score
How is your setup best served with zone minder over blue iris?
ZoneMinder runs well on my Unraid-server (Linux-based). and would like to avoid to have an other computer with Windows on 24/7, just to serve the cameras, since my Unraid server already is running (well) 24/7 :)

Banderaz

n3wb
Reaction score
I have seen the comment on the camera I bought, but it still do not work. "8908W" is not found in my ZM, but tried with 8608W. So guess the buyer just made a typo. Also sent the buyer a message on Ebay, but no reply yet.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
ZoneMinder runs well on my Unraid-server (Linux-based). and would like to avoid to have an other computer with Windows on 24/7, just to serve the cameras, since my Unraid server already is running (well) 24/7 :)
can you run more than 3-4 1080p cams on it without using a ridiculous amount of cpu?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Banderaz, you can try Xeoma if you really want to stick to a Linux system for free. I've not played with it for a few years now, but can see it's still going.
If you are serious about running a surveillance system you are not going to run anything on that box apart from your surveillance software.
It should be noted that Xeoma is not free and any review on the product is suspect as they pay users to review with a free license....
Xeoma VMS Surveillance Software

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
if somebody tries to get a free license by posting about it they should start a blog and not spam forums. post 'reviews' of it here at your own peril.
It should be noted that as a result of that that Xeoma appears to have edited their free offer..they now limit it to bloggers. I contacted them directly and sent them a link to that thread. At the time of the thread they had this on the site

• Don't have your blog? Post a review of Xeoma to 10 other popular sites (or forums) that are active and not spam sites/forums."
That is asking the reviewer to SPAM forums (that are not spam sites, lol)

Attachments

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You know, even if the company has "Spam" tactics it doesn't mean the software isn't any good if not better than any other solution for Linux out there. One could even download a trial version and test it out themselves before jumping to the conclusion that it's a bad product or every review is suspect.
It doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad product, but spam tactics do generate a lot of bad pr for the company and taint the opinions of people who might have been willing to give the product a try. I know the spam tactics left me with a low enough opinion of xeoma that I'd rather run something on a windows box.

All of your posts on this site are coincidentally about xeoma, spamming the forum is a great way to get yourself banned. This thread use to have a lot of posts from someone who was spamming the forum very aggressively about xeoma which @fenderman deleted. Just like this the correlation between xeoma and spam garbage junk crap company gets a little higher in the search results.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You know, even if the company has "Spam" tactics it doesn't mean the software isn't any good if not better than any other solution for Linux out there.
look I understand you posted a "review" because you want a free license..your thread has been deleted. This website will NOT tolerate companies who pay for reviews and as a result indirectly spam this forum...xeoma is crap.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

This forum would be a lot less enjoyable without your efforts to remove spam and 'spamy' users. Thank You!
I bet the xeoma spammers try to hit every thread on the internet about zoneminder, like a moth to a flame.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@tangent the fool tried to register again using the screen name too easy....well not for him...looks like hes a guest at hampton inn or one of their employees 12.132.254.194 christianbale13@hotmail.com
and most importantly he lied about them not paying for reviews...they still do...its right there on their web page...

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
oh and one more thing to note about xeoma, they are based out of Russia......the chinese cams and NVR's have backdoors...hmmm i wonder how secure the russian crap is....