Totally Noob

c17fan

n3wb
Reaction score
I was sent here for general learning. I am preparing to revamp the camera part of my clubs security system. We currently have a mix of old and relatively new cameras. My goal is to hardwire plus POE all cameras. Our compound is large and spread out so WiFi cameras and routers drop out continuously. I have a knowledgeable person getting a new computer to host the system using the specs on this forum. After that I will get a new version of Blue Iris. then comes the wire and cameras. The wire I know about. The cameras I need to learn about.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
:welcome:

Read the Cliff Notes in the WiKi, in the blue bar at the top of the page. The camera models are the last generation but the principals still apply. The best way to determine what camera goes where, focal length wise, is to set up a test rig and test the location, both day and night, by walking around with a hat or hoodies on and seeing if you can truly identify who that is that is out there. This can be done using the GUI of the camera itself and even with a laptop.

The current, preferred, camera is the Dahua 5442 series -

Varifocal Turret Review-OEM Loryta IPC-T5442T-ZE Varifocal 4mp camera (Dahua)
Varifocal Bullet Review - OEM IPC-B5442E-ZE 4MP AI Varifocal Bullet Camera With Starlight+
Fixed focal Turret Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+
Full color night vision (onboard white LEDs) Review IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED (Full Color, Starlight+)
Dome Review: IPC-HDBW5442R-ASE-NI - Dahua Technology Pro AI Dome Network Camera