tp-link Business VIGI Surveillance

Doug Gee

n3wb
Reaction score
I found these three products on the tp-link global website. VIGI NVR1008H, VIGI C300HP and VIGI C400HP. The first is a 8 channel network video recorder that comes without a hard drive. The 2nd is a 3MP outdoor bullet network camera that comes in two models, C300HP-4 (4mm lens) and C300HP-6 (6mm lens) . The 3rd is a 3MP Turret Network Camera also in 2 models C400HP-4 (4mm lens) and C400HP-2.8 (2.8 mm lens).

tp-link business VIGI surveillance

Product line is available for sale in Australia, New Zealand and Great Britain.

At Wireless 1 in Australia, the NVR is $129 Aus or $99.84 US at today's currency conversion rates. The turret cameras are $69 Aus/$53.40 US and the bullet cameras are $79 Aus/ 61.14 US.

Wireless 1

They look interesting, Hope they are brought to US. Anyone have experience with these products?

aamuk

n3wb
Reaction score
I’d be interested to find out more about these but I don’t know anyone who has used the TP-Link VIGI range yet as it’s relatively new. I can’t even find any proper reviews yet but TP-Link have added a number of YouTube videos on them.

The range currently only consists of two camera models and two NVRs. The cameras are both 3MP, as a bullet (VIGI C300) and a turret (VIGI C400), along with a 16 channel (VIGI NVR1016H) and 8 channel (VIGI NVR1008H) NVR.

The NVRs are described as being Onvif and H.265+ capable and are both non-POE making them quite compact. Due to the size there is only space for one hard drive but it states up to 10TB capacity is supported.

I thought that H.265+ was a Hikvision thing, but there is no mention of it supporting any protocols apart from Onvif.

Having looked at the picture of the NVR models I can’t see a fan and it uses an external power adaptor. So this could potentially make a compact and fairly silent NVR setup, apart from the whirring of the HDD, if you get a separate POE switch that is also silent.

I guess the real deciding factor will be how reliable their hardware and software implementation turns out to be.