TP Link or POE Injector

sirsoccerhead

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Im looking to start setting up cameras for my business and was curious as to which is a better buy. The TP-LINK TL-SF1008P or the WS-POE-8-48v60w since I will eventually have more than 4 cameras on my system. I will only have 3 wired and 2 wireless to start. I have an older 5 port router that I could turn into a bridge to connect to current router. Please advise.. Also the computer that will be running blue iris is currently connected over wifi, what are your opinions to running over wifi vs wired. Thank you

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Im looking to start setting up cameras for my business and was curious as to which is a better buy. The TP-LINK TL-SF1008P or the WS-POE-8-48v60w since I will eventually have more than 4 cameras on my system. I will only have 3 wired and 2 wireless to start. I have an older 5 port router that I could turn into a bridge to connect to current router. Please advise.. Also the computer that will be running blue iris is currently connected over wifi, what are your opinions to running over wifi vs wired. Thank you
I would strongly recommend that you run your Blue Iris machine wired. Having a couple of wireless cameras is one thing, but having everything have to talk over wireless to the server is quite another.

As to the POE switch or POE injector, I don't have personal experience with either of those particular devices, but I've read posts from owners of both who were very pleased with them. Either of them should do the job.

sirsoccerhead

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would strongly recommend that you run your Blue Iris machine wired. Having a couple of wireless cameras is one thing, but having everything have to talk over wireless to the server is quite another.

As to the POE switch or POE injector, I don't have personal experience with either of those particular devices, but I've read posts from owners of both who were very pleased with them. Either of them should do the job.
Thank you for the response. I think at this time I will go with the TP link just for ease of use and if I expand to more than 4 poe cameras Ill get an injector until I run out of spots, then upgrade at that point.

Also forgot to mention that my computer is the only thing wireless outside of the 2 foscams on our network.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Go with the tp link. You can find it for 41.00 shipped these days and I have tons of them out there with not one problem.

sirsoccerhead

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok So now that Im thinking about all this. Does any one have a 16 port 8POE+ switch they recommend that wont break the bank as I see adding more than 6 cameras to my system. Thank you

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For the price of about 5 of these tp links, you can get one 16 port 8 port poe switch. What are you running that needs POE+?

sirsoccerhead

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm looking to keep this as simple as possible. If I get 2 tp links then I'm only going to have 11 ports vs getting 1 16 port with 8 poe ports and having 13 ports for use after migrating everything that I already have on our existing router/modem. I see the zynet is only around 120$ but don't know of any other choices that are reasonable. I could see that getting 3 switches would be viable solution. Just want to be cost efficient.

sirsoccerhead

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If I understand correctly I have a att uverse business router/modem with 4 ports. I could plug the switches directly into the router and not have to bridge them?

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Look at the upvel brand on amazon. I bought a 4 port plus poe and it was around 60 shipped. Th eyes 8 ports are not bad.