trash dumpers caught

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
We observed a vehicle behind one of our customer's shopping plazas, dump an old stove. Thankfully, we have a Hikvision 1.3mp PTZ zoomed into an area where we can capture license plates. We see a lot of dumping in this area and this has become our secondary protocol, with the primary protocol being intruders or thieves. We were able to capture a license plate on the vehicle. We ran the tag through our database and contacted the owner of the truck. The owner let us know that one of his employees was driving his truck at the time and that he would have the employee return the next day and pick up the stove. We informed him that he had 1 hour to return and take back his stove or we would turn the video over to the local sheriff's office. The subject said that his wife was on her way home with the kids and that she would stop and pick it up and to not notify the police. It the mean time, several kids on bikes decided to smash out the glass door and make an even bigger mess.

suddenstop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow - nice vid! I would have seriously struggled with whether to call the cops. When you said dumping I thought they had dropped it in your dumpster or something like that. Not in the middle of the parking lot!!!! That's messed up.

The rest of the vid with them cleaning it up - priceless.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow - nice vid! I would have seriously struggled with whether to call the cops. When you said dumping I thought they had dropped it in your dumpster or something like that. Not in the middle of the parking lot!!!! That's messed up.

The rest of the vid with them cleaning it up - priceless.
Struggled? I would have called the cops right after they cleaned up..and have them pay for the additional cleaning that will I be needed...this is a pro dump..didn't even get of the truck...this guy does it often...

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hate those kind of peeps.somebody threw rolled up carpet with dead dog inside on my property.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you see a lot of "fell off a truck" style dumping? Gunning your truck is an interesting way to dump something. I wonder if he removed a strap that was holding it down in the font of the lot and then did this or drove it all the way there unsecured?

injunear

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't get this guy. Where I live there's bunches of people you can call that'll be happy to pickup any large appliances so that they can sell the metal scrap. They're usually there to pickup the next morning if I leave it outside my home. Just look in Craigslist.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just watched it again.wow they threw that bottom piece in trash bin lol.thats a good way to sprain your back(kid on top of vehicle)

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Smitty Blackstone

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'd send them a bill for the cleanup and dumpster space.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Do you see a lot of "fell off a truck" style dumping? Gunning your truck is an interesting way to dump something. I wonder if he removed a strap that was holding it down in the font of the lot and then did this or drove it all the way there unsecured?
Exactly what I noticed, they dumped with "style" and imagination ;-)

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
In this area of Florida, metal stuff does not sit long. This stove would not have made it through the night. In fact, the reason that we have this property as a customer is because thieves gained access to the roof and stole all of the refrigeration units, not once, but twice, in a six week period. They disassembled the units and took the valuable parts.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow, those kids (males) are wussies. It is most likely the heaviest thing they ever lifted next to their cell phones. Most of the lifting power was from the wife and daughter.
Lol.reminds me of when a 10 year kid at the supermarket had trouble lifting a gallon of milk.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk