trigger detection rectangle requested, not shown

sdetweil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I setup a test system, and had 3 cameras recording on trigger, and detection rectangle enabled.. shows us what triggered, so we can learn if we need to adjust the detection areas..

anyhow.. we setup the production system, in another house, same cameras, same BlueIris.exe setup file, same license (disabled on test system)..

rectangle display is requested, but does not display on the clips..

both systems had direct to disc enabled. local system time not overlay, camera time used.

both windows 10.

guidance welcomed

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I setup a test system, and had 3 cameras recording on trigger, and detection rectangle enabled.. shows us what triggered, so we can learn if we need to adjust the detection areas..

anyhow.. we setup the production system, in another house, same cameras, same BlueIris.exe setup file, same license (disabled on test system)..

rectangle display is requested, but does not display on the clips..

both systems had direct to disc enabled. local system time not overlay, camera time used.

both windows 10.

guidance welcomed
if you are using direct to disk recording it will not display in the recorded clips. The demo you were running did not have direct to disk enabled.

sdetweil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
bummer.. thought for sure we had it direct to disk AND the detection areas.. trying to keep the CPU utilization down

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
bummer.. thought for sure we had it direct to disk AND the detection areas.. trying to keep the CPU utilization down
as I stated above direct to disk does NOT work in the demo..despite selecting it.
You still have motion detection using direct to disk, you just dont see the rectangle. Why would you want that anyways other than for testing. Its blocks part of the image.

sdetweil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thanks.. its a little I3 system for recording these 3 cameras.. trying to have as little impact on the system for the normal user. so direct to disk saves lots of CPU.
rectangle.. well, we don't know as lot about what actually we want... but we want to start recording NOW for other reasons.
so I need the combination of low CPU and extra info.. for a short period of time, maybe a week.. 3 cams, direct to disk is about 16% cpu.

we are detecting on people, so the rectangle image blocking is minor

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
thanks.. its a little I3 system for recording these 3 cameras.. trying to have as little impact on the system for the normal user. so direct to disk saves lots of CPU.
rectangle.. well, we don't know as lot about what actually we want... but we want to start recording NOW for other reasons.
so I need the combination of low CPU and extra info.. for a short period of time, maybe a week.. 3 cams, direct to disk is about 16% cpu.

we are detecting on people, so the rectangle image blocking is minor
my point is that the rectangle is pointless...you can also run any recorded video through blue iris to see what motion it detects...forget about the silly rectangles.

sdetweil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok, I may have been vague in my wording. We have setup detection zones. we want to make sure they are correct.. the rectangles help us verify that. I don't know of another way to insure we have the detection zones set correctly...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ok, I may have been vague in my wording. We have setup detection zones. we want to make sure they are correct.. the rectangles help us verify that. I don't know of another way to insure we have the detection zones set correctly...
you can playback the video in blue iris and it will note the motion detection..see the help file...

sdetweil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thanks.. the help says

When motion is detected in one or more pixels, a green rectangle will appear in the center of the grey rectangle and the word Sense will light up, showing that the motion sensor sees a change in the image. The size of the green rectangle will vary depending on the amount of change in the image. When the amount of change reaches or surpasses the size of the gray rectangle, the green rectangle will become red and the word Motion will be illuminated. The motion sensor must remain in this state for the duration of the Make time (discussed below) in order for the camera to be triggered. When this happens, the word Trigger will be illuminated for the duration of the Break time.

In play thru detector (lots of cool function to learn about, buried in the many menus), I see the rectangles behave as described here.. I do NO see the 'words' visible anywhere, or 'illuminated'.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
that is a different function, it is in the motion trigger window.

sdetweil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok, I don't know what window that is while watching a recording

sdetweil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok, still not sure we are talking the same thing.

I opened the recording, it is playing. I stopped it.. I right clicked and selected play thru motion detector.
I closed the recording, reopened the recording and I see the zones and active playback.. I see red and green rectangles and the pixel/brush marks of the detection.. if that is what you are talking about.