Trigger Earlier

jgkurz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All, I have been using BI for about 18mo with great success. I use Hikvision 2032 cameras and have had trouble free operation. I use BI's latest version on Win7 x64. I was reviewing videos recently and noticed the motion is not triggered as immediately as I'd like. So BI detects earlier, do I just increase sensitivity of objects size and contrast? Here are the settings on the camera I was reviewing today.

Thank you.

2016-01-11_183554.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All, I have been using BI for about 18mo with great success. I use Hikvision 2032 cameras and have had trouble free operation. I use BI's latest version on Win7 x64. I was reviewing videos recently and noticed the motion is not triggered as immediately as I'd like. So BI detects earlier, do I just increase sensitivity of objects size and contrast? Here are the settings on the camera I was reviewing today.

Thank you.

View attachment 7558
Welcome to the forum. You biggest issue is your make time. 5 seconds is WAY to long, it should be under a second. Try 0.7. Disable object detection - this is certainly causing you to miss entire motion events and trigger late. Also increase the break time (at the bottom to at least 30 seconds from 10) so you dont miss the end of events. In the record tab set the pretigger frames to at least twice the cameras fps (if its 15, set the pretrigger to 30 or 45). In the camera itself match the iframe interval to the fps.

jgkurz

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. You biggest issue is your make time. 5 seconds is WAY to long, it should be under a second. Try 0.7. Disable object detection - this is certainly causing you to miss entire motion events and trigger late. Also increase the break time (at the bottom to at least 30 seconds from 10) so you dont miss the end of events. In the record tab set the pretigger frames to at least twice the cameras fps (if its 15, set the pretrigger to 30 or 45). In the camera itself match the iframe interval to the fps.
Thanks much for the guidance and the welcome. I will make the changes to my cameras. Is there a nifty tool that can do batch changes to BI or do I need to make changes to each individual camera?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks much for the guidance and the welcome. I will make the changes to my cameras. Is there a nifty tool that can do batch changes to BI or do I need to make changes to each individual camera?
you need to manually change each cam..or you can set one cam, export then keep importing the camera but change the camera name.

jgkurz

n3wb
Reaction score
I made the suggested changes and my triggered recordings now start well ahead of any alert. I went with the defaults when I installed Blue Iris and should have customized. Thanks much for the help!