Trigger on one camera prevents trigger on another

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does this happen by default?
I record motion only.
I am not using zone crossing.
If the camera in the driveway is triggered then the camera at the front door seems to be prevented from getting triggered within an unspecified amount of time. Either camera will trigger with motion but it seem the first one to trigger works fine and the second doesn't for a few seconds.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does this happen by default?
I record motion only.
I am not using zone crossing.
If the camera in the driveway is triggered then the camera at the front door seems to be prevented from getting triggered within an unspecified amount of time. Either camera will trigger with motion but it seem the first one to trigger works fine and the second doesn't for a few seconds.
That should not be happening.

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay. I just tested again and it seem to take almost a minute of motion in the second camera before it triggers. I will need to test some more.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
what sort of PC are running BI on? what sort of cams? and maybe show the 'trigger' config pane and motion detection settings for each...

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It seems to work better in the day but the setting for alerts and recording are the same for both profiles. The difference in the profile is related to triggers.

The PC has an i5-8500 3Ghz proc, 8GB RAM, SSD for the OS and a WD Purple for the clips. The database path is on the SSD.

I have 4 Dahua IPC-HFW4431R-Z cameras.

Here is the setting for one of the cameras. The other one is about the same except that I'm not using zones on that one.
upload_2019-1-11_10-50-55.png

I am using this camera config:
upload_2019-1-11_10-53-19.png

I will need to test again at night.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, PC is clearly capable of not bogging down with activity on more than one cam.

what frame rate (fps) and i-frame interval are your cams configured for (in the cam UI, not BI)?

you might try lowering that min-duration (make time) to 0.5 sec or less...

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I thought I had the fps set to 15 but on one of the cameras it is set to 25. The i-frame interval on the same one was set to 50 when I thought it was set to 15. I will make sure they are all set to 15.

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I adjusted the motion sensitivity much higher and it seems to trigger much better now at night even after triggering the previous camera. At first it seemed that triggering another camera first caused the second to delay but that might not be the case after more testing. If I get too many triggers now with more sensitivity then I will go to zone crossing.