trigger only adjacent cameras?

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Greetings,

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to trigger only adjacent cameras. I'm familiar with the ability to trigger groups, but what about individual cameras? Here is the setup. Assume the property is a rectangular house with 3 cameras on each side (12 total) covering the left, center and right positions on each of the 4 sides of the house (North, South, East, and West). I currently have a North group, an East group and so forth. So if the North-right camera triggers by motion, I also want it to trigger it's left and right nearest neighbor (North-center and East-left) but preferably not trigger any other cameras. Then if the thing that triggered the North-right camera now comes into view and triggers the East-left camera, then I want that to trigger it's neighbors, the East-center and North-right camera, and so forth. Basically I want to make sure that if any camera triggers directly from motion, that it's adjacent neighbor also triggers. Is there any way of doing this?

Thanks in advance.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You have one camera in a group instead of several. A camera can have several groups. I do that and it works great.

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm using version 4 and I was thinking that I read somewhere in the forum that you can't have just one camera in a group (and have the group work properly), but I will try it.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm using version 4 and I was thinking that I read somewhere in the forum that you can't have just one camera in a group (and have the group work properly), but I will try it.
FWIW, I'm running v5 with a group with only 1 cam as a member and it works great, even remotely using UI3 or BI's app.
I created a user that can access only that group.

BI's Help states:
"A group exists when at least 1 camera is a member. One caveat however is that a group will not appear for viewing remotely by the client app or browser unless it has more than 1 member camera.
A group is only deleted when all cameras are removed from the group.
A group should have a name unique from all camera short names in order to prevent conflict when requesting cameras and group streams remotely."