trigger recording question

batch

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello all :)

I setup a few zones on my driveway so that when a car drives from the street and crosses into my driveway it would trigger an alert and start the recording.

The issue i noticed is that it recorded the delivery truck pulling into the driveway however them walking out didnt trigger until they left the front door going back into the truck.

i do have a hot zone setup on my front door so i wonder if that killed the recording.

Is there a way to set a recording time like 5 minutes after a trigger ?

Thanks in advance

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all :)

I setup a few zones on my driveway so that when a car drives from the street and crosses into my driveway it would trigger an alert and start the recording.

The issue i noticed is that it recorded the delivery truck pulling into the driveway however them walking out didnt trigger until they left the front door going back into the truck.

i do have a hot zone setup on my front door so i wonder if that killed the recording.

Is there a way to set a recording time like 5 minutes after a trigger ?

Thanks in advance
post ALL you recording settings, record tab, trigger tab, zones etc..
dont use hot zones, it will trigger on anything, making motion detection useless.
you can set the BREAK time as long as you want...but your issue stems from improper setup...

batch

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, i assumed it was something wonky i did. Ill remove the hotzone and add a regular zone there .
based on the tutorials online, i did separate zones a-e and they all have a small gap and the final zone g i inverted so the whole screen is covered.
Then i setup crossing zones A-B, A-C, A-D, A-E, A-F, B-C, B-D, B-E, B-F, C-D, C-E, C-F, D-E, D-F, E-F

record.jpg driveway.jpg