Trouble accessing BI web server from LAN

atmelton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

I am having an issue with connecting to my BI webserver using a web browser from a computer on the LAN. I have disabled the Anonymous user and given the admin user a password. When I try to connect I get prompted for user/pass but after entering the information I get re-prompted as if I entered an incorrect password. Oddly enough, these same credentials work fine on the BI iOS app. I took a look at the log in the status and when I am connecting via iOS app it shows as "andy" connected which is correct. When I try connecting via web browser on my computer it shows "server" connected. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy

atmelton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman, but I just ended up enabling secure only and that seems to have fixed the issue.

bbarenz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I didn't' realize this was the same issue when I posted a similar thread. I believe there is a bug in the latest version of Blue Iris 4.5.3.3. I uninstalled and installed an older version and everything works again. Hopefully this get's fixed soon. As far as I can tell there is no method to uninstall an update and I haven't seen a repository of previous versions other than major versions. I happened to to have the full installer from January 2017 which is what I used.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't' realize this was the same issue when I posted a similar thread. I believe there is a bug in the latest version of Blue Iris 4.5.3.3. I uninstalled and installed an older version and everything works again. Hopefully this get's fixed soon. As far as I can tell there is no method to uninstall an update and I haven't seen a repository of previous versions other than major versions. I happened to to have the full installer from January 2017 which is what I used.
Installing any update reverts back to they version... Simply download updates from the website and you won't have a problem...