Trouble accessing Webserver via VPN on iPhone

NiToNi

n3wb
Reaction score
Background:

• I am 100% certain I have established the VPN tunnel (TLS1.0) between my iPhone and my router using Draytek's Smart VPN app. This is verified by being able to access cameras, NAS, Blue Iris Webserver in the Safari browser etc using local LAN IP addresses despite having turned OFF all port forwarding.

• I am 100% certain I have got my Blue Iris iPhone app setup correctly. This is verified by working fine when connected to the LAN over WiFi or over mobile network (4G) when port forwarding of the Blue Iris Webserver is switched ON in the router.

Problem:

• But for some reason the Blue Iris iPhone app cannot connect to the server when I'm on cell network or WiFi hotspot despite having connected to my LAN over VPN (with port fwd OFF). For the record both the Axis Companion and iVMS-4500 iPhone apps work using the camera's local LAN IP's (192.168.x.x) so it should work also for Blue Iris, I would think. I have also verified User settings and it doesn't make a difference if I toggle "Allow LAN only" or not.

Any ideas because I'm out of them myself....sigh...?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Background:

• I am 100% certain I have established the VPN tunnel (TLS1.0) between my iPhone and my router using Draytek's Smart VPN app. This is verified by being able to access cameras, NAS, Blue Iris Webserver in the Safari browser etc using local LAN IP addresses despite having turned OFF all port forwarding.

• I am 100% certain I have got my Blue Iris iPhone app setup correctly. This is verified by working fine when connected to the LAN over WiFi or over mobile network (4G) when port forwarding of the Blue Iris Webserver is switched ON in the router.

Problem:

• But for some reason the Blue Iris iPhone app cannot connect to the server when I'm on cell network or WiFi hotspot despite having connected to my LAN over VPN (with port fwd OFF). For the record both the Axis Companion and iVMS-4500 iPhone apps work using the camera's local LAN IP's (192.168.x.x) so it should work also for Blue Iris, I would think. I have also verified User settings and it doesn't make a difference if I toggle "Allow LAN only" or not.

Any ideas because I'm out of them myself....sigh...?
Enter the lan address for both lan and wan in the app