Trouble connecting 'some' Reolink cameras

dragoneggs

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have successfully installed a couple Reolink cameras but some are giving me trouble. Actually, the cameras are identical. The only difference I see when I look at my Linksys network map is this:

Camera 1 works , Camera 2 doesn't. Why is there another LAN for Camera 2? I am doing the exact same thing set up wise, connecting them.

Attachments

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does the camera also have a wireless (wifi) interface?.

Is there an option to disable it?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you can send them back. Reolink cameras have issues with bi because the iframe interval cannot be adjusted. They are a lying scamming company and image quality in low light is crap.

dragoneggs

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you can send them back. Reolink cameras have issues with bi because the iframe interval cannot be adjusted. They are a lying scamming company and image quality in low light is crap.
I bought them from Newegg.com. I will try to return the unopened ones. What brand/model do you recommend for 5mp bullets?

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
I've got some Reolink cams I bought before learning enough to make better decisions. They all work fine for me under Blue Iris, but I may just be lucky.

They're all bullets, and the spider webs drive me nuts all spring, summer, and fall. In winter I get relief from spider webs once we have a good hard freeze and the spiders are dormant.

Eyeball or Turret style cams are much more forgiving of spider webs. Snow and rain and blowing dust will always be an issue when using built-in IR illuminators, but the spider webs end up being in the field of view, and brightly illuminated by any internal IR illuminators when using bullet style cams. It's a function of their shape.

You wouldn't expect spider webs to be an issue, but believe me, they really are a royal pain for bullet style cams. Really!

The Reolinks I have are good in good light, but poor in low light. The Dahua starlights I have are far better overall.

If you can avoid bullets, do so. If you need good images in dim light, look at the Dahua starlights.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is the Dahua Turret Starlight p/n you suggest?
Hi @dragoneggs

Search is your friend here, as there are several models to pick from in the turret style - just start with searching for "starlight" and "review" and select titles only in the search box.

dragoneggs

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
I would highly recommend avoiding bullet style cameras, especially if these will be mounted outdoors, and doubly if they will be mounted anywhere that you can't reach with a dusting brush very easily so you can sweep off the spider webs several times every night.

Here is the camera I'd recommend if you want good nighttime performance:

Online Shop Black IPC-HDW5231R-ZE 2MP WDR IR Eyeball Network Camera IPC-HDW5231R-ZE ,free DHL shipping | Aliexpress Mobile

If you don't need sound, this one is also great:

Online Shop IPC-HDW2231R-ZS 2MP Starlight IR Eyeball Network Camera 2.7~13.5mm varifocal lens IPC-HDW2231R-ZS ,free DHL shipping | Aliexpress Mobile

And, they're both varifocal.

Here's the white version of the "with sound" model:

Online Shop IPC-HDW5231R-ZE camera 2MP WDR IR Eyeball Network Camera ,free shipping | Aliexpress Mobile

Last edited:

dragoneggs

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would highly recommend avoiding bullet style cameras, especially if these will be mounted outdoors, and doubly if they will be mounted anywhere that you can't reach with a dusting brush very easily so you can sweep off the spider webs several times every night.

Here is the camera I'd recommend if you want good nighttime performance:

Online Shop Black IPC-HDW5231R-ZE 2MP WDR IR Eyeball Network Camera IPC-HDW5231R-ZE ,free DHL shipping | Aliexpress Mobile

If you don't need sound, this one is also great:

Online Shop IPC-HDW2231R-ZS 2MP Starlight IR Eyeball Network Camera 2.7~13.5mm varifocal lens IPC-HDW2231R-ZS ,free DHL shipping | Aliexpress Mobile

And, they're both varifocal.

Here's the white version of the "with sound" model:

Online Shop IPC-HDW5231R-ZE camera 2MP WDR IR Eyeball Network Camera ,free shipping | Aliexpress Mobile
Thanks but those are PAL system. Do I not need NTSC being in the US?