Trouble Connecting through the Blue Iris iphone App

boiler91

n3wb
Reaction score
For the last month or so it's been increasingly difficult to connect to my cameras through the BI app through WI-FI or cellular data. It is now to the point where I can't connect at all. The weird thing is I can connect to BI through a web browser from anywhere. I've ran the remote access wizard and everything seems OK except for the attached screen. I have no idea what the issue is. I get a successful result from canyouseeme.org as well. My port is correctly forwarded in my router.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone with no better results.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
For the last month or so it's been increasingly difficult to connect to my cameras through the BI app through WI-FI or cellular data. It is now to the point where I can't connect at all. The weird thing is I can connect to BI through a web browser from anywhere. I've ran the remote access wizard and everything seems OK except for the attached screen. I have no idea what the issue is. I get a successful result from canyouseeme.org as well. My port is correctly forwarded in my router.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone with no better results.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt
ensure that https is not checked in the app...also ensure that you have included the proper port after the ip address.

boiler91

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. HTTPS is not the protocol being used by the app. It is using HTTP. I have the port correct as well in both the LAN and WAN fields. I am able to connect remotely using my phones browser as well.

After a couple of restarts of my computer I am able to connect via the app again. However, if things go like they have for the past month or so, it will stop connecting again.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. HTTPS is not the protocol being used by the app. It is using HTTP. I have the port correct as well in both the LAN and WAN fields. I am able to connect remotely using my phones browser as well.

After a couple of restarts of my computer I am able to connect via the app again. However, if things go like they have for the past month or so, it will stop connecting again.
when you have an issue connecting, disable the pc firewall and see if it helps

boiler91

n3wb
Reaction score
I updated BI yesterday so it is at 4.7.3.0 All was well until today. I can no longer connect via the iphone app. I disabled the windows firewall as well as disabled all avast services. I was still unable to connect via the iphone app.

The weird thing is when I restart and access is restored the app connects quickly. Then as time passes it takes longer until it no longer will connect at all.

DognamedTank

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you have any QoS/Firewall/DOS rules running on your router?

boiler91

n3wb
Reaction score
I do have adaptive QoS on my Asus router. I can switch that off to see what happens.

boiler91

n3wb
Reaction score
You guys rock! Thank you so much. I’ve had zero issues since turning off QoS on my router. Not sure why all of the sudden it became an issue as I’ve had it on for years but oh well. I wouldn’t have thought to make that change. Thanks again.