Trouble Installing IP Camera - Urgent

Sarge

n3wb
Reaction score
I have iCAMView IP Camera IP-06 Model:HCV73 (plz refer to the below pic for ref.) and I'm trying to use it through router/hub. The camera showed up in the iCAMView Utility (plz refer to the below pic for ref.) but I was unable to Launch iCAMView i.e. to see video nor I was able to open any setting from the IP shown in the utility. Now I was checking the IP configuration where I accidentally the IP setting got set to 00.00.00.00 and after this the utility is not detecting the camera anymore.

Any help with resetting the camera or troubleshooting would be appreciated very much.

Thanks!

CAMERA PICTURE FOR IDENTIFICATION OF MODEL / MAKE
Doc-0090.jpg

iCAMView UTILITY PICTURE.
Capture+.PNG

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Look for a reset button...Using the utility you need to set the ip address to something within your routers range, if not you will not be able to access the camera...What is the ip address of your router?

Sarge

n3wb
Reaction score
@fenderman as pointed by @icerabbit there's no physical reset button on this model secondly router IP is 192.168.1.1
@icerabbit I've already sent request about two weeks ago but there's no reply from them yet.

I think if we could somehow reinstall the firmware in the device that will reset the settings.

Expert advice is request from this forum!

Last edited by a moderator:

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I hate poor or non existent product support. Where your message just goes out into space, never to hear an answer. Always surprises me when it happens with sales and even better known companies and small local companies too. No response. Bye bye. Unless of course it is a product that I know is/will be without support or warranty, but you know what I mean. Anyway.

The internet does not give much go on. It is not listed online as a current product. I'm wondering though if the camera doesn't have a "twin" or "sibling" under another brand. A lot of cameras are not entirely unique.

Odd it would have even accepted 0.0.0.0 as a valid IP. Basic networking 101 and programming would dictate to throw that out as invalid.

Have you power cycled it? Without and with ethernet plugged in? Fully knowing that settings are not volatile, doubtful this'd work, but you never know that upon reboot it rejects the 0 0 0 0 and self assigns a default. Which you then may be able to match with a machine and get into.

Have you tried an IP Scan app on a mobile device (iphone, ipad, android ...)

Without it showing on the network, you're down to connecting it directly to a pc. So, yes, maybe take a desktop or laptop offline and put an ethernet wire between pc and camera. Then fire up the ipcamview software. See what you get. Firmware updates typically happen through the device's own interface, so you'd need to get in/on it first.

Beyond that, I don't know. Don't even know if cracking the thing open would help. If there's no pinhole reset, there probably isn't anything on the circuit board. Gets into hacking and electrical engineering territory when the shell comes off.

Sarge

n3wb
Reaction score
@icerabbit That's kinda UN-hot but anyway may be someone on this forum with past experience with such device have answer for my issues!

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The camera is not popular so the chances are that no one ever had this issue here. Looks like their cameras use 192.168.0.xxx as the default..ip therefore you will never see it on your network that is 192.168.1.1 unless you are able to change it with the tool..or change your ipv4 settings to 192.168.0.1 and connect the camera directly to your pc and run an ip scan with something like advanced ip scanner or angry ip scanner...you can also change your routers ip address to 192.168.0.1 and do a scan that way..

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, options are limited when there's no reset, aren't many cams & users in the field, so not much if any practical information, ...

You didn't mention if:

you tried power cycling? Without and then again with ethernet? ... it may pick up an address or default, as it shouldn't accept 0000
you tried IP scanning on your network?
you tried direct to computer connection?

Maybe take the plate off and look underneath the bottom, maybe there is something to press. Low hope. But without anything else working, might as well look.

Try icamview co uk. Different email address. Who knows.

Also, it sounded like it was made by megatec. If so, shoot them a note, saying you haven't gotten a response from icamview support.