trouble with audio on Blue Iris, using SHARX SCNC3905

tp1663

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi:

I have a SHARX 3950 Camera (wireless setup) and can see video and hear audio fine when going thru the camera’s software. However, since I installed the Blue Iris software, I am able to get video just fine (intranet), but am not getting any audio at all.... I have tried various settings, etc. and still nothing. Can you suggest anything to make this work? I would like to be able to hear the audio “live” and to also “record” with the video. I am running Windows 7 if that makes a difference.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, in camera properties>audio check enable audio capture.

venture996

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great camera; I have a total of six Sharx cameras, and we that bullet camera on my driveway. I experienced a problem several months back when I changed the recording settings. Trying switching to the BVR format under Record settings. I never figured out why changing recording format lost my audio tracks, but it did.

Also, what are you using under the Camera settings for that? If you autodiscover, it should be Sharx RTSP.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The audio needs to be set to ip camera stream not direct show...

tp1663

n3wb
Reaction score
The audio needs to be set to ip camera stream not direct show...
SUCCESS on the Audio !! thanks Fenderman ! In addition to making change you suggested, I also had to change my selection on B.I. Toolbox/Option page to "Integrated Microphone Array", once I did that I got audio! also, worth mentioning if you want to hear live, you have to click on the little headphone Icon on the main page. It is working in Live View mode as well as Recorded.

Thanks for your input Venture996! my issue was the above, so didn't have to get into your suggestion.

Now, I am going to open a new thread concerning my not being able to access to my camera over internet (away from home network) via Blue Iris -- I have the Blue Iris App (android) on my LG phone, and it works when I am on the local network wi-fi, but when I am away from home wi-fi or turn off Wi-Fi on my phone and connect over 4G network, it will not allow me to enter network. I think my issue is that I have a double-router situation -- Router 1 is Comcast Business (Cisco DPC3939 -- with wifi disabled by Comcast during their setup, due to my account being a "telecommuter business customer") and have my Sharx camera connected wirelessly thru Router2 (Cisco / Linksys EA6400). I found you-tube video on how to port forward thru double-router setup, which I did, and still get msg on Blue Iris App saying "Unable to Connect.....Unable to Reach Server".... so, if you can help, pls look for this under a new thread titled "Blue Iris Port Forwarding Double Router with Comcast Business".
Thanks again !!

renatohtpc

n3wb
Reaction score
tp1663

I too am having audio problem.
I noticed that on the last 2 updates, 3.65 and 3.66 I have now lost the ability to listen to the audio coming from my 4 remote cameras.
Foscam 9831W
Foscam 9805W
Foscam 9828W
Dlink DCS 930

If I access any of the above 4 cams from my browser, I can hear the audio from all 4.

Here is a screen shot of my Audio setup.

I was looking for the "Integrated Microphone Array" in the option screen, but I am unable to locate it. Which tab are you referring to?

Thanks
Renato

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You need to check the dropdown list under output..select your pc speakers.

Reaction score
You need to check the dropdown list under output..select your pc speakers.
I had the same problem with all my cameras, which include Foscam and Logitech Alert. I had to change the Audio Output setting in BI Options to (not specified). It had been set to Speakers, which made more sense to me.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with all my cameras, which include Foscam and Logitech Alert. I had to change the Audio Output setting in BI Options to (not specified). It had been set to Speakers, which made more sense to me.
Thanks for this info..

renatohtpc

n3wb
Reaction score
willypowwow

yep, that did it!

Thanks for the hint.

Running 3 Foscam, 1 D-Link and 1 Trendnet.

Using your suggestion fixed the audio problem in both version 3 (32bit) and ver 4 (64bit).

Renato