Trouble with blue iris push notifications

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello, I am running Blue Iris 5 with 12 cameras. I recently had to change out my router and that seems to be when the problems started. Cameras are sending out push notifications but only four of them have the push sound with them. At times the notifications are coming in several minutes to sometimes hours after the event. I set up a separate email address for blue iris to send alerts thru. Emails appear to be moving through Outlook, to Gmail and then to verizon. It appears that the messages are being block by "VRZ Cloudfilter" and message was delayed to my phone number. I Thinking this is a verizon problem. I have had BI for several years and never run into this before. Also, I have another system set up in a separate locations and I can't get alerts from that system either which I have in the past. I posted this question the other day and someone suggested pushover but after setting system back to an earlier date, its close to working right. Anyone have anymore Ideas on this?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
By push notifications, do you mean push applications thru the paid BU app or are you calling text messages pushes? The BI app for push notifications doesn't go thru email servers like you describe.

From your description, it sounds like you are using text/SMS and that is where the problem is - every mobile provider is tightening up their spam algorithms.

If you are using text messages, then you should go to pushover as suggested to you the other day.

And common courtesy here is to not create multiple threads of the same issue - if it goes a few days with no response, then post in your original thread to bring it back up....

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
By push notifications, do you mean push applications thru the paid BU app or are you calling text messages pushes? The BI app for push notifications doesn't go thru email servers like you describe.

From your description, it sounds like you are using text/SMS and that is where the problem is - every mobile provider is tightening up their spam algorithms.

If you are using text messages, then you should go to pushover as suggested to you the other day.

And common courtesy here is to not create multiple threads of the same issue - if it goes a few days with no response, then post in your original thread to bring it back up....
I am assuming that I am using push. When I set it up I select the phone icon, not text.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would suggest uninstalling the BI app on your phone then going in to the BI settings and delete the mobile device and then reinstall the BI app and see if that gets it going again.

Last edited:

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wold suggest uninstalling the BI app on your phone then going in to the BI settings and delete the mobile device and then reinstall the BI app and see if that gets it going again.
This is the email message I keep gettingvzw2.JPG

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you have the paid BI app ($10)?

This looks to me like you are trying to use the SMS option.

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you have the paid BI app?

This looks to me like you are trying to use the SMS option.
I do have the paid App. I have had it for a while with no problems. That's why I thinking I have set something wrong when I had to replace router. Had to set up new IP, allow through firewall, and go back through the BI set up using the remote access wizard. What ever it is, it seems to have effected the second BI system that is running in a separate location. I have already uninstalled the app and reinstalled because I was not getting anything at all to start with. A second phone number in the system was receiving them when I was not but there was a long delay, sometimes days before they came through.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Something certainly seems out of whack.

I haven't seen anyone here report issues with delays like that in the BI app and I cannot figure out why the push would be going thru all those servers to the vzwpix.com.

For awhile I would run the BI app and the text messaging at the same time and the push always came but the text message would sometimes be hours or days or not at all.

The push is a separate component from the email in BI so why you are getting those email errors are interesting.

For kicks, pushover is free for 30 days, so maybe give that a try and see if it has the same issue - if it does, then it would point to probably an issue in the router. Maybe the router has some 3rd party malware program that is running the pushes thru?

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Something certainly seems out of whack.

I haven't seen anyone here report issues with delays like that in the BI app and I cannot figure out why the push would be going thru all those servers to the vzwpix.com.

For awhile I would run the BI app and the text messaging at the same time and the push always came but the text message would sometimes be hours or days or not at all.

The push is a separate component from the email in BI so why you are getting those email errors are interesting.

For kicks, pushover is free for 30 days, so maybe give that a try and see if it has the same issue - if it does, then it would point to probably an issue in the router. Maybe the router has some 3rd party malware program that is running the pushes thru?
I will try that, thanks. Here is one of the other email that I got.VZW 3.JPGemails I got

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve tried to figure this problem out before, but just ended up getting email alerts with snap shots instead. My BI app don’t give me sounds on alerts at all nor does it populate the number of alerts on the iPhone app icon. Only after I go into the app and check, will it populate that number. 5090A1C0-86A7-46EB-B9C7-C05DD6FD11F5.jpeg

Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an old topic but currently going though this. Mobile originally worked for the first day but now only thing that works is email notifications. I've tried deleting the user in BI and re-installing the and allowing all permissions with no luck.