Trouble with two way audio on Hikvision 2432 camera

yellowhaus

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having trouble getting the two-way audio to work on my Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW.

It is connected to a Hikvision DS-7608NI-SE/8 NVR with 2.3.10 firmware. The 2432 has V5.2.0 build 140721 firmware.

Now, the two way audio works fine if I log into the camera directly via the web interface. But I only have one way audio (mic on the camera) with the iVMS-4200 client software, the iVMS-4500 mobile app on an android device, or logging into the NVR via the web interface. I’ve checked and these are the latest firmware versions for the camera and NVR.

Using the 4200 client, if I right click on the camera view, there is an option to ‘start two-way audio’ and ‘start ip camera two way audio’. If I select ‘start two way audio’, nothing happens—there is still no two way audio. If I select ‘start ip camera two way audio’, I get an error message ‘Failed to enable voice talk’.

Using the 4500 app, there is a microphone icon that I can select, and it turns red, but still no sound from the speaker on the camera.

Is there something I’m missing in the 4200 or 4500 app to get the speaker to work on the camera?
Thanks.

ssregitoss

n3wb
Reaction score
on pc you need to select recording device to mic.and on camera interface change the sound code to g711ulaw.

surveillancelot

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. If I change the setting from camera interface, doesn't the nvr reset those automatically? Or does it happen with only certain settings, like resolution?

But anyway, I'm unable to get any sound out from camera's speaker when I have it plugged in to NVR. I tried android software and computer.

basman2n

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Yellow house,

you already have a, solution found to this problem? I would like to hear from you

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. I need to be able to have two way audio using the ivms app.

I'm using hikvision 2432 cube cams.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. I need to be able to have two way audio using the ivms app.

I'm using hikvision 2432 cube cams.
Welcome to the forum. Are you using the camera with an NVR? or standalone. Make sure "video and audio" is selected in camera video/audio settings>video type. The default is video, you need to set it to video and audio.

Reaction score
I'm using an NVR and both audio and video have been selected. I can hear audio with no problems but when I try to use the 2 way audio no audio comes out the camera speaker.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm using an NVR and both audio and video have been selected. I can hear audio with no problems but when I try to use the 2 way audio no audio comes out the camera speaker.
I dont use the cams with an NVR, so hopefully someone who does can help...

squishio

n3wb
Reaction score
I have this exact same problem.
DS-7604NI-E1 NVR with 3x 2432 cube cameras

Through the iVMS app (android or iOS) and the NVR web interface, the two way audio does not work, I can hear but not talk back.
But if I log in direct to each camera's web interface, two way audio works fine, I can listen to the camera, and talk back through the built in speaker.
NVR is on firmware 3.4.0 (latest available) and the cameras are also on the latest version.

Does anyone have any ideas?

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone came up with a solution for this? I have the same NVR with the same problem

squishio

n3wb
Reaction score
It's not really a solution, but I put a work-around on my system after speaking with the UK HIKVision distributor tech guys.

Basically the NVR can only (with current firmware) output any audio recieved via its own dedicated audio outputs. Ie if you had a PA system/speaker, this would be connected to the NVR, and when you talk through the app, it will broadcast your voice through the PA system, there is no function available for the NVR to pass this audio onto the cameras.

The workaround I have in place is to access the NVR for recordings and general live viewing, but if I want to talk back through the camera, then I can access each camera individually through the app.
This is only possible because my cameras are not connected via poe to the NVR, instead they are connected straight to the network, so can each be accessed via their individual IP addresses.
And so this works from outside the LAN, there are NAT rules for each camera as well as the NVR.
In any case, the audio quality and feedback issues with audio on these cameras is pretty poor, so it's not something that I often want to use anyway because of this.

I hope this helps others, and really hope HIK get things working the way we want/expect things to.

wasabi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello all,
It seems like I am having this same issue with Dahua NVR model NVR7408 with 3mp IP cameras.

I can hear individual cameras with the mobile app but when I speak back to the camera, it routes the audio back to NVR and sends it out through MIC-OUT port instead and there are no speakers connected to my NVR in the server room.

Any other work around ??
I guess running additional cable and amp from mic out to the rooms will do but that means you can't individually pick the rooms you want to speak to.

Ar.Pi

n3wb
Reaction score
I connected 7 cameras to my NVR (DS-7608NI-E2/8P) and only can listen but not talk through the NVR.

There is no work around or a firmware that supports this???

wasabi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I connected 7 cameras to my NVR (DS-7608NI-E2/8P) and only can listen but not talk through the NVR.

There is no work around or a firmware that supports this???
You can. Connect a powered microphone to mic-in in the back of the NVR and the individual audio should come out of the audio-out port of the camera (providing you have an amp and speaker) connected to the camera.

Ar.Pi

n3wb
Reaction score
You can. Connect a powered microphone to mic-in in the back of the NVR and the individual audio should come out of the audio-out port of the camera (providing you have an amp and speaker) connected to the camera.

I don't quite get it. My cameras are the DS-2CD2432F-IW Cube with 2-way audio connected via POE only. Will I need to wire audio cable to each of them now to have audio out from each one?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Ar.Pi

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there something that can be done? Is any other HIKVision NVR allows audio output through cameras?

stanleyr

n3wb
Reaction score
It's not really a solution, but I put a work-around on my system after speaking with the UK HIKVision distributor tech guys.

Basically the NVR can only (with current firmware) output any audio recieved via its own dedicated audio outputs. Ie if you had a PA system/speaker, this would be connected to the NVR, and when you talk through the app, it will broadcast your voice through the PA system, there is no function available for the NVR to pass this audio onto the cameras.

The workaround I have in place is to access the NVR for recordings and general live viewing, but if I want to talk back through the camera, then I can access each camera individually through the app.
This is only possible because my cameras are not connected via poe to the NVR, instead they are connected straight to the network, so can each be accessed via their individual IP addresses.
And so this works from outside the LAN, there are NAT rules for each camera as well as the NVR.
In any case, the audio quality and feedback issues with audio on these cameras is pretty poor, so it's not something that I often want to use anyway because of this.

I hope this helps others, and really hope HIK get things working the way we want/expect things to.
Hi squishio,

It's been a year I have similar problem with ip cam type DS-2CD2420F-IW & NVR type DS-7608NI-E2/8P. The 2-way audio works fine with standalone system when the cam connected directly to modem, but not into NVR. My conclusions so far:
1. If I still want the cam speaker out feature with the standlone system then I must connect each camera into dedicated power outlet (not NVR POE) and access it through network. But this standalone system prevent the record goes into NVR, it will be recorded into cam micro SD instead.
2. If I still want the cam speaker out feature with the NVR system, the store technician advised me to buy RCA cable and connected it between NVR Audio-Out port and into amplifier + dedicated speaker. If not, then the audio sound only will be heard from existing active speaker (PC or TV).
I still hope this 2-way audio problem is only a network or camera setting problem, maybe...

lbr

n3wb
Reaction score
Started working for me when firmware was updated to V3.4.90 build161008