troubleshooting networking

Reaction score
Hello.
I have a system of Foscam cameras in three separate locations. They feed to a computer at my home and from that Comcast LAN are sent through a ip address of ddns.net that opens a username and password window. Myself and friends can access my cameras through android and iphone. The system worked perfectly for over a year, through power outages and time. then suddenly it quit working, and the three cameras at my home quit working. I am not knowledgable enough to troubleshoot the problem. The system was set up by someone that is no longer available. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello.
I have a system of Foscam cameras in three separate locations. They feed to a computer at my home and from that Comcast LAN are sent through a ip address of ddns.net that opens a username and password window. Myself and friends can access my cameras through android and iphone. The system worked perfectly for over a year, through power outages and time. then suddenly it quit working, and the three cameras at my home quit working. I am not knowledgable enough to troubleshoot the problem. The system was set up by someone that is no longer available. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Steve
This setup is not secure - most likely the cameras are being port forwarded. This compromises each and every network they are attached to.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you,
I appreciate that information.
Do you know anyone that I could contract to reconfigure
so that I could ensure security
while still having the ease of use that I enjoyed?
(before it stopped working)
Steve

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you,
I appreciate that information.
Do you know anyone that I could contract to reconfigure
so that I could ensure security
while still having the ease of use that I enjoyed?
(before it stopped working)
Steve
you will likely need new hardware to properly secure everything....and you will have to take extra steps to login...they way it is setup now is terrible.

Reaction score
thank you,
I purchased specific hardware for this application.
again, I appreciate your input.
Could you charge me to help first get me running the
way it was running? and maybe to help me determine quickly
what made it suddenly stop? and then to let me see what it
would be to purchase what needs to be acquired and set it up
properly?
is it appropriate to correspond directly via email?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
thank you,
I purchased specific hardware for this application.
again, I appreciate your input.
Could you charge me to help first get me running the
way it was running? and maybe to help me determine quickly
what made it suddenly stop? and then to let me see what it
would be to purchase what needs to be acquired and set it up
properly?
is it appropriate to correspond directly via email?
there are several reasons this can be happening...
first thing to do is confirm whether the ddns service is working..going to the system blue iris is installed on and search google for what is my ip"...then try using that ip address instead of the ddns address.

Reaction score
    • Your Public IPv6 is: 2601:546:8101:
    • Your IPv4 is: 71.61.
      • Your Local IP is: 10.0
    • ISP: Comcast Cable Communications LLC

very cool. thank you. I copied and pasted part of it. I guess it wouldn't be wise to put all
the numbers up? is it easy for you to tell me how to use this to see if my ddns is working?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
    • Your Public IPv6 is: 2601:546:8101:
    • Your IPv4 is: 71.61.
      • Your Local IP is: 10.0
    • ISP: Comcast Cable Communications LLC
very cool. thank you. I copied and pasted part of it. I guess it wouldn't be wise to put all
the numbers up? is it easy for you to tell me how to use this to see if my ddns is working?
Yes you don't want to post any of it... Enter the ipv4 address in your browser and see if that works... In Blue Iris under the web server tab check the port number because you need to enter the port number if it's anything other than 80.... However if it was working with your DNS without entering a port then you were likely using Port 80