Truck being stolen.

framednlv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The neighbor stopped me when I was headed to work to ask if my cameras could explain why his truck wasn't where he parked it. After pulling up the video, not recognizing the people, he realized it was stolen. I'm not sure but I think the truck belongs to work or a friend that has the ability to register an automobile.

The police showed up that day, but never asked me for any video.

2nd camera

framednlv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No front plate. He passed my house and was at the end of the street, out of camera view for about 4 minutes. I would guess he was trying to get into one of the cars at the end of the street. He then came back and passed my house, then backed up to where the truck is/was and a guy gets out. The guy opened up the truck and in about 10 seconds he started the truck. I wonder if the truck had the keys in it?

My third camera that faces to the right only has an 8mm lens and the angle is to great to capture plates at night. Daytime is marginal for plates. Probably wouldn't matter if the vehicle they were driving was stolen or had stolen plates.

Speaking of plates, the guys across the street had the police take their plates off because they were from a different vehicle. At times they had over ten vehicles at that house. They had garbage cans that sat for months overfilled. They had car parts all over the front yard. They had truck with only a cab parked next to the sidewalk. Place was a disaster until someone called code enforcement. Even then, it took multiple calls for them to actually do something.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
His job may be missing also.
That's what I was thinking, too. Either that, or it was a repo.

The fact that the police didn't ask about the video makes me wonder if they knew exactly what it was about, and told the guy.

Have you asked the "owner" what the cops said, and if it really was stolen, if the keys were in it, etc.?

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
must the time with stolen plates or not plates. last time I check the bmw x5. front plate from mazda, back plate from honda.

framednlv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
first black & white video is from generic china IMX291 4x Mini Bullet PTZ for ~$125
Second Color video is generic china IMX290 with manual 4x ~$70.