Trying to enable motion detection on two TP cameras (ONVIF)

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have an eight channel mini NVR with four POE ports attached. These cameras are online and working thanks to the guys at Security Camera King. However, motion detection was not enabled on these cameras. I attached an Ethernet cable from my PC running vista (explorer 9) to one of the Poe ports where the two ip cams are attached and I am able to connect to a Net Camera Browser, entered the url of one of the cams in question as well as the admin/admin username combo and logged in.
I enabled motion alarm (see attached capture), but there is no "Save" anywhere on the page, just
"Set". If I click off this page then click back on the motion alarm remains enabled, but the "Set motion detection area" is unclicked. The photo I attached shows after I set the detection area. Can you tell me what has to be checked on this page to enable motion detection as well as how the Schedule and Link type areas should be filled out and saved?

Attachments

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Should be set motion, once you define the area, select set. Then set the schedule for everyday then set again.

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks! I am new with ip cameras
As far as schedule is concerned if you want it to go for 24 hours how would you fill it in? How about link type?
What is it?

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would go 00.01 to 00.01. However the program needs to see 24hrs.

- - - Updated - - -

What are the link selections?