Trying to get Amiccom z7 wifi cam to work with BI

BeholderGG

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm fairly new to IP cams... I've got my yucheng IP cam working fine in BI but can't get my Amiccom working for the life of me.

I can get VLC to see the camera with the following address: rtsp:/<user>:<pw>@192.168.0.8:2600

I can also get Contacam (address: rtsp:/192.168.0.8:2600 and entering UN and PW in fields) to see the camera with one exception: I have to tick the "As RTSP transport try first TCP then UDP" ... Without this box ticked, there is no signal in Contacam.

I'm getting "error:80002746(Socket error: 10054) 0" in BI when I try to add the cam.

I have attached screenshots that BI enters when using find/inspect.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Note: For some reason, one of the slashes is getting deleted from the addresses when I post threads (not sure why)

Attachments

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Assuming you have first tried putting in camera IP, user/pass and clicked on "Find/Inspect" and got no good results, try this:

Use "rtsp" in drop down instead of "http", remove port 80 from top URL, remove video path.
Try that first and if no joy, also tick "Use RTP/UDP ports".

22.jpg

BeholderGG

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok. I will try this when I get home. Do you know which UDP port I should try?

BeholderGG

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, I tried both ways with no luck - getting the same socket error. I have a hunch that I need to figure out which UDP port to use.

Any other ideas?