Trying to locate IP cameras

Darid

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay, I am in over my head and hoping someone can help me start treading water again heh...

Any chance of getting a conversation started with someone that can give me a few step by step instructions to get me started?

I am trying to get everything working without the NVR since the one I got from Andy came with the wrong plug.

Somehow in my fumbling I managed to locate 1 camera and can view it, but when I unplug it from the poe and plug another camera in I cannot find the IP address for it....

Thanks for any help.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How are you looking at the cameras? Smart PSS?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Both cameras should have the default ip address. Have you tried logging into the camera itself and setting a static ip on them to match the rest of your network?

The default is 192.168.1.108 im no it guy but im assuming your network wont recognize the 2nd camera because of the 1st having the same IP. Change the 1st and then see if you can see the 2nd.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Okay, I am in over my head .....

Thanks for any help.
Not sure how familiar you are with networking so please forgive me if this is basic to you?

Download and use the Config tool

Tools

The default LAN segment for the NVR switch is 10.1.1.x. When you plugged in the new camera, the NVR reset the IP address of the camera to something on its subnet, but you don't want this.

Use the config tool, while the camera is plugged in to your LAN, to set the IP of the camera to your home network's segment (the subnet of your workstation/laptop, but not the same number).

Remember to search for the cameras on the correct IP segment/subnet with the config tool, before it will locate them. Also, correct login/password will be needed in the credentials before you will be able to change them to your home network's segment.

That should keep you busy for an hour or so.....:)

SD

Darid

n3wb
Reaction score
Thats what I thought as well but the camera I found does not have that IP, my camera is 192.168.29.115 which might be my PoE switch but I did not think it would have its own IP?

With 1 camera plugged into the switch I have tried both the "default" and this other address and it just says it cant be reached, took to long to respond.

Darid

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you both for responding to a n3wb, I am able to view my cameras finally... now to start making adjustments lol

@Solar Deity you are a rockstar man, thank you for your patience and ability to dumb it down for me to understand. I owe you a drink or 3