Trying to pull out a stump. Hahahahaha

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Little bushes like that are much harder to pull out than you'd think. I thought I'd yank some out easy with my F250 4x4. Nope. It was a battle. lol
His attachment point to his toy was much too high. He should have had it attached to something below the axle height.....or for more amusement....just attach it to the axle!

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The smart attachment point would be below the front axle. I told a farmer that once when he was about to pull a stump with a big Farmall, with the two wheels in front right under the radiator for a trike configuration. He laughed, hooked up to a hook on the back and promptly went up to about a 60 degree angle before he could get off the gas. He was lucky, no roll cage.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
His attachment point to his toy was much too high. He should have had it attached to something below the axle height.....or for more amusement....just attach it to the axle!
My exact, first though before he flipped it.....never studied simple levers, pulleys, fulcrums, etc. in any class...or he was asleep during it. :facepalm:

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
The smart attachment point would be below the front axle. I told a farmer that once when he was about to pull a stump with a big Farmall, with the two wheels in front right under the radiator for a trike configuration. He laughed, hooked up to a hook on the back and promptly went up to about a 60 degree angle before he could get off the gas. He was lucky, no roll cage.
Chances are, he didn't connect that to the factory installed drawbar. He may have connected it to the 3 point hitch, which essentially moves that fulcrum point way above the rear axle. Ive seen people have a CAT1 drawbar attachment they put onto the 3 point arms, which will definitely make the tractor go that high with the front end. If he was connected to the tractor draw bar, the front end might lift a few inches, but the opposing force of pulling would keep the front end down.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
I didn't see where he actually attached it just that he didn't have to bend over to set the hook on that end of the chain onto the tractor. Anything above axle height is just asking for trouble.
This is the only way I move trees, brush, remove shrubs or smaller tree trunks on my farm. It's great for picking up large rocks, too.

DSCN1807.JPG

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
How about a mother-in-law that said six months ago " I'll only be here a couple of weeks"? :lmao:
Well, I don't know what kind of car she has, but the jaws of that root grapple will open up pretty damn large and can clamp down on a car pretty good. Once clamped, just curl the grapple back with said car secured inside and move it to where ever you want to!! :rofl: