Turkey falls out of sky

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry if this sounds mean but I actually laughed out loud. :lmao: It was like someone grabbed something and threw it up in the air and it just dropped back down on to the ground. :thumbdown:

If the video didn't show the area was free and clear of any buildings and structures my first guess is that it ran into something. Every summer the local birds of different variety will come racing down the sides of my home. Always swooping in and out at Mach 2?!? :oops:

I don't know if they have a bird meet up or something or need to find the bathroom - makes no sense.

Regardless, what also happens every winter and summer is a random bird will come flying straight into my kitchen bay window!

I've lived in this home since building it new 13 years now and I never get used to shitting my pants after hearing a massive bang / thud. Only to see a birds face firmly planted in the glass and sliding down the wall. :embarrassed: When my daughter was really young it was really hard to explain to her why the bird(s) were doing this.

I've probably tried a dozen things from installing reflectors to old CD's to help scare them away. But, only like clock work at least one bird will come swooping in at Mach 2 and smash into the kitchen window . . . :mad:

Agoins6

n3wb
Reaction score
It was a pretty decent sized bird. There isn't much around other than my house and a wooded mountain behind it. I havnt ever saw them land on the roof of my house. I have saw them fly in and out of the trees behind my house. If another bird had a hold of this thing I would hate to see it around my 60lb dog.

Attachments

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
It was a pretty decent sized bird. There isn't much around other than my house and a wooded mountain behind it. I havnt ever saw them land on the roof of my house. I have saw them fly in and out of the trees behind my house. If another bird had a hold of this thing I would hate to see it around my 60lb dog.
OMG if you hadn't shown this thing in the bucket I would have no freaking clue how big that thing is?!? :oops: I'd love to know what caused this massive bird to drop out of the air???

Still can't get over how huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge that bird is . . . :facepalm:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll estimate a wingspan of at least six to seven feet. There's one that has a patrol area just south of us and I watch it while I'm eating breakfast. The first time I saw it I thought it was a plane on final into MDL which is near us.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll estimate a wingspan of at least six to seven feet. There's one that has a patrol area just south of us and I watch it while I'm eating breakfast. The first time I saw it I thought it was a plane on final into MDL which is near us.
It's a plane . . . No, It's superman . . . No, its a giant sized turkey! :lmao:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry if this sounds mean but I actually laughed out loud. :lmao: It was like someone grabbed something and threw it up in the air and it just dropped back down on to the ground. :thumbdown:

If the video didn't show the area was free and clear of any buildings and structures my first guess is that it ran into something. Every summer the local birds of different variety will come racing down the sides of my home. Always swooping in and out at Mach 2?!? :oops:

I don't know if they have a bird meet up or something or need to find the bathroom - makes no sense.

Regardless, what also happens every winter and summer is a random bird will come flying straight into my kitchen bay window!

I've lived in this home since building it new 13 years now and I never get used to shitting my pants after hearing a massive bang / thud. Only to see a birds face firmly planted in the glass and sliding down the wall. :embarrassed: When my daughter was really young it was really hard to explain to her why the bird(s) were doing this.

I've probably tried a dozen things from installing reflectors to old CD's to help scare them away. But, only like clock work at least one bird will come swooping in at Mach 2 and smash into the kitchen window . . . :mad:
FWIW, when I was about 10 the house we lived in in '59 had a big picture window in the living room facing the street. Birds breaking their neck on it was a weekly thing until we replaced the mirror on the wall 15 feet opposite the picture window with a painting....no more bird collisions. :idk:

EDIT: I've heard also that some of the newer house designs with big, open concept "family kitchens" also have lots of big windows for light and to create the feeling of spaciousness tend to cause birds to think they can fly though...

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe a bigger bird dropped it...

Looks like a video from a drone, seeing more of those where people swim in the ocean, they like to report shark sightings from an altitude where they can be spotted very easily.

Drone operator should be glad the raptor already has his claws full ==>> French army grooms eagles to down drones

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
FWIW, when I was about 10 the house we lived in in '59 had a big picture window in the living room facing the street. Birds breaking their neck on it was a weekly thing until we replaced the mirror on the wall 15 feet opposite the picture window with a painting....no more bird collisions. :idk:

EDIT: I've heard also that some of the newer house designs with big, open concept "family kitchens" also have lots of big windows for light and to create the feeling of spaciousness tend to cause birds to think they can fly though...
I wouldn't say the window is huge or anything but its a decent size which is straddled by a double garden doors leading toward the backyard.

The plan in the next few weeks is to buy one of those really big fake owls. I'm going to try my hand at installing another security camera in one of its eyes. Hopefully the fake owl will keep the birds away but don't think it will solve the one's zooming down the side of the house.

Really tired of picking up bird heads . . . :embarrassed: