Turret Install Question above garage

mahman

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all! Have an install question that hopefully I can get some help with. I've had this turret camera (NSC-2X2-DM 2MP WDR EXIR Turret IP Security Camera 2.8mm - Nelly's Security) above my door for a couple years, but since purchasing a Nest Hello doorbell, I feel that covers the front walkway pretty well so wanted to move my camera. Problem is figuring out where and how best to put it above my garage.

The attached images show my front garage and also one of the corners. Had some questions about how to go about mounting it to the wood under the gutter rather than the stucco. The mounts available for my camera I see are H Series 1273ZJ-130-TRL Wall Mount - Nelly's Security which won't work nicely with the space I have available.

Do they make mounts that might be adjustable height that can hang off the "ceiling wood" under the gutter where it hangs down and then I can attach my camera too? I can't think of a good way to get the camera attached to the wood where it won't be covered up by the gutter.

Also, would camera work best probably on top of garage dead center? Or one of the corners (also thinking when there's a car in the driveway, the left corner can see someone coming up the driver's side of the car). But also thinking in the corner, the porch lights might be too close and mess up the camera.

Thanks for anyone that can have any opinions on my thoughts here! Hopefully these blocks of text make sense :D

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome, I suggest studying this cliff notes.

For best results over a drive, is two cameras, one on each side of the door, with the fov criss crossing the driveway. Those cams are hikvision, check their site for more options.