Turret mount

Astra

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, is there a replacement mount for the Amcrest ip5m-t1179ew36mm, i have cracked the plate.

Also, to add another Turret Camera to my system, do i need a switch, i currently power the Camera with a injector.

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Have you considered repairing the plastic part yourself? Look at PlastiFix. (Available in black, white, or clear). This stuff is excellent for bonding plastic, and even filling in gaps where pieces may be missing. My Mercedes plastic fuel door broke off and the dealer quoted $700 to replace it. Used PlastiFix to bond the pieces back together, and is now probably stronger than it was before.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BTW, over the past few years it's been a struggle find genuine polystyrene cement, a plastic solvent weld (the old "airplane glue" we grew up with as kids in the 50's and 60's that later was taken off shelves and hid behind the counter because of the glue sniffers).

An FYI, I got my last tube of Testors brand at Hobby Lobby.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds to me like a perfect time to upgrade the camera instead LOL.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Models were no fun .after the "Child Protection Act of 1966".
So the young 'uns don't have Google it, the gods (small g) in Washington outlawed
M-80s etc. I had a great business selling them in HS for a quarter a "pop".

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So the young 'uns don't have Google it, the gods (small g) in Washington outlawed
M-80s etc. I had a great business selling them in HS for a quarter a "pop".
I wonder how many wall urinals in high schools across the U.S. were blown up by those things in the 50's and 60's (I know of at least one....don't ask how I know). :idk:

Ah, yes...M80's, cherry bombs and Silver Salutes....it's amazing how high a empty coffee can lift a 5 lb. rock with one of those going off inside. And those coffee cans were metal...hard to believe I still have both my eyes and all my fingers from the shrapnel whizzing by...... ;)

Astra

n3wb
Reaction score
Sounds to me like a perfect time to upgrade the camera instead LOL.
I am going to try and mount the Camera inside a housing as it is not that old, the fixing plate is too brittle.