Turret wall mount AND a junction box??

spoonek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello, I’m still in the planning phase of my setup. Looks like the turret style cameras are the preferred solution. Some of my cameras will need to be wall mounted but also need a junction box as I’ll need to run conduit to the cameras. I’ve attached a pic of the two dahua parts in question. Seems like there would be gaps between them.

Does anyone have an installed pic?

Thanks!!

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Spoonek,

You can use one OR the other, not both - unless you hack them together some how.

Look at the new PFA130E ( iirc there's a link in my notes on that, or you can use the search function here ).

It's still coming out, so you may have to wait for it, but that looks like it will work very nicely.

spoonek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I searched for pics, didn’t see anything combining the two. I love your notes as well. My go to before I post.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I searched for pics, didn’t see anything combining the two. I love your notes as well. My go to before I post.
Thanks Spoonek,

Note - these 2 are not designed to be combined.

If you are doing a surface mount 1/2" EMT conduit you will need the PFA137 junction box, or the PFA130E for the 5231 varifocal turret iirc.

The wall mount does not have any 1/2" knockouts.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks!

I’d prefer to mount a turret camera in the normal horizontal position with the wall mount. You think the wall mount would connect to this junction box? @EMPIRETECANDY
Hi Spoonek,

Wall mount is not designed for that, you maybe able to get a external 2-gang junction box from Home Depot and modify a face plate for it and use it with the wall mount.

slodat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there an updated version of the pdf with the turrets?