Two BI new user questions

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
1. I see the trigger highlights in the live view. Is there a way to have them show during playback?

2. On the timeline, is there a way to tell which camera caused a trigger, or a way to display triggers only from a single selected camera?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
1. I see the trigger highlights in the live view. Is there a way to have them show during playback?

2. On the timeline, is there a way to tell which camera caused a trigger, or a way to display triggers only from a single selected camera?
1 Yes, right click on the play back video and hit "run video through motion detector" note this will give you the results for your current motion detection settings - so if you have not changed them from the recorded video it should be the same. The other option is to disable direct to disk and record the overlay - at the great expense of cpu.
2 Yes, you can assign different event colors for each camera - camera properties>Event color. If you want to see a single camera in the timeline choose "Selected camera only" on the top of the clips list then click on that camera.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks! Changing the timeline colors made the timeline a whole lot more useful to me. The "run video through..." option is greyed out for me, and I don't understand why. I verified that the camera is using the BVR format. Could it be because I'm running the demo version? Makes perfect sense that the trigger highlights wouldn't be recorded with direct to disk. Obvious actually if I was quicker at connecting dots.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks! Changing the timeline colors made the timeline a whole lot more useful to me. The "run video through..." option is greyed out for me, and I don't understand why. I verified that the camera is using the BVR format. Could it be because I'm running the demo version? Makes perfect sense that the trigger highlights wouldn't be recorded with direct to disk. Obvious actually if I was quicker at connecting dots.
The option is available in the demo - i just verified it, though i used a bvr file recorded on a licensed version but i dont think that would matter. Are you certain the recorded file is bvr?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
When I double-clicked on a bvr file in the file explorer to play a video. I did get the option available, and it worked for a while, even when playing from the timeline. Then after playing back a different camera, the option is greyed out again. Wouldn't surprise me if it's something I'm doing something wrong by accident. Knowing the option is there and seeing it work is all I need for now. My biggest obstacle is trying to get IVS triggers from the Dahua cameras to work with BI. A few people who have it working have been helping me, with no success so far.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks. I hadn't found those videos on my own. At this point I've got 2 obstacles to moving to BI: (1) My older cameras don't send onvif events for IVS triggers, and (2) I use a couple of digital inputs on my NVR, and it looks like keeping that capability with BI runs the cost up about $100 for a sealevel device. All of this can be solved with more money of course.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I hadn't found those videos on my own. At this point I've got 2 obstacles to moving to BI: (1) My older cameras don't send onvif events for IVS triggers, and (2) I use a couple of digital inputs on my NVR, and it looks like keeping that capability with BI runs the cost up about $100 for a sealevel device. All of this can be solved with more money of course.
There are cheap sealevel devices on ebay if you are patient. Also, by using a network enabled sealevel device, you can avoid home runs to the nvr depending on your topology. You can also integrate wireless zwave sensors into BI.