Two cameras do not work with BI5 but do work with IP Cam viewer on my phone.

David Messenger

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've been using Blue Iris for years (ever since version 2 I think) with very few problems. I bought a couple of new cameras a few months ago. According to BI Find/Inspect the cameras are identified as DH-SD22204T-GN (Dahua PTZ dome cameras). They worked just fine with BI4 for several months and when I upgraded to 5 a few days ago, they were working fine. Now they don't work at all in Blue Iris but I can see them both in my android IP Cam Viewer app to include controlling them with the PTZ functions.
The driver model I have been using for these cameras is DAhua IPC-HFW2320R as it worked fine and there was no driver available that matched the model name.
I have never seen any behavior like this before and I'm not really sure if it's a windows problem or a Blue Iris problem. It sounds a lot like a firewall issue to me since I can see it with my phone but not with my computer either in the browser or the Blue Iris application. I have tried turning off my firewall to see if that made a difference but it still didn't work. I know it's not a router firewall problem because I can seem them ok with my phone even when the wireless is turned off. I cannot ping the cameras from my computer but I can ping them ok using the terminal program on my phone.
I've already tried doing repair/reinstall from Computer Programs and that did not change anything. I have had a few strange things happen with my router lately that makes me think it might be failing but it was failed, how would it work ok with one device but not another on the same exact network? I will be installing a new router tomorrow because my router has been somewhat unreliable lately but I'm not convinced it will fix this issue with my two cameras. I have 9 cameras connected and they all work ok except for the two I mentioned above. Also, my webrowser doesn't work in Edge, but it does in Internet Explorer using the legacy browser and the ui3. Still, those two cameras don't work though.
I am running a Dell XPS8930 with 32GB of ram and an I7-8700 processor, and a Samsung 512GB SSD, and an Nvidia graphics adapter with a decent GPU so I'm pretty sure there is no lack of resources. When all the cameras were working a few days ago, my cpu was only hitting about 30% max but was usually around 20 to 25.
Anyone got any ideas on this? I guess I should just wait and see what happens with the new router and hope that does it but I just don't think that's going to fix this problem. Seems like Blue Iris 5 or Windows to me.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been using Blue Iris for years (ever since version 2 I think) with very few problems. I bought a couple of new cameras a few months ago. According to BI Find/Inspect the cameras are identified as DH-SD22204T-GN (Dahua PTZ dome cameras). They worked just fine with BI4 for several months and when I upgraded to 5 a few days ago, they were working fine. Now they don't work at all in Blue Iris but I can see them both in my android IP Cam Viewer app to include controlling them with the PTZ functions.
The driver model I have been using for these cameras is DAhua IPC-HFW2320R as it worked fine and there was no driver available that matched the model name.
I have never seen any behavior like this before and I'm not really sure if it's a windows problem or a Blue Iris problem. It sounds a lot like a firewall issue to me since I can see it with my phone but not with my computer either in the browser or the Blue Iris application. I have tried turning off my firewall to see if that made a difference but it still didn't work. I know it's not a router firewall problem because I can seem them ok with my phone even when the wireless is turned off. I cannot ping the cameras from my computer but I can ping them ok using the terminal program on my phone.
I've already tried doing repair/reinstall from Computer Programs and that did not change anything. I have had a few strange things happen with my router lately that makes me think it might be failing but it was failed, how would it work ok with one device but not another on the same exact network? I will be installing a new router tomorrow because my router has been somewhat unreliable lately but I'm not convinced it will fix this issue with my two cameras. I have 9 cameras connected and they all work ok except for the two I mentioned above. Also, my webrowser doesn't work in Edge, but it does in Internet Explorer using the legacy browser and the ui3. Still, those two cameras don't work though.
I am running a Dell XPS8930 with 32GB of ram and an I7-8700 processor, and a Samsung 512GB SSD, and an Nvidia graphics adapter with a decent GPU so I'm pretty sure there is no lack of resources. When all the cameras were working a few days ago, my cpu was only hitting about 30% max but was usually around 20 to 25.
Anyone got any ideas on this? I guess I should just wait and see what happens with the new router and hope that does it but I just don't think that's going to fix this problem. Seems like Blue Iris 5 or Windows to me.
If you cannot access them from a browser on the pc, it points to something other than BI.
Triple check the ip addresses and ports.

David Messenger

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I got them working again but did not change any ports or addresses. They were both port forwarded using the same settings I've used for a long time. I did get my new router installed and I didn't expect that to fix the cameras but for some reason, I could see the image but the PTZ functions still did not work. I decided to try some different driver configurations and that finally did the job. Even though I have Dahua cameras, I selected a Hikvision make and Other RTSP after trying all the Dahua choices and generic drivers.
Thanks for the suggestion and reply.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I got them working again but did not change any ports or addresses. They were both port forwarded using the same settings I've used for a long time. I did get my new router installed and I didn't expect that to fix the cameras but for some reason, I could see the image but the PTZ functions still did not work. I decided to try some different driver configurations and that finally did the job. Even though I have Dahua cameras, I selected a Hikvision make and Other RTSP after trying all the Dahua choices and generic drivers.
Thanks for the suggestion and reply.
There was no mention in the OP that the cameras were in a remote location being port forwarded.
That said, port forwarding is asking to be hacked. Setup a vpn.