Two separate BIue Iris set up

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I currently have a Blue Iris set up at home. A relative saw my set up and has asked me to set up cameras for him. I will have to maintain it for him i'm sure. Is it possible to set up his cameras for viewing from my phone. I know I can log into his server with team viewer and the WEB UI but can you have two systems on one phone or tablet with the Blue Iris App. And is it possible to have his cameras show up on my monitor at home with my cameras?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The mobile apps do support multiple connections (but only one at a time).

You can also use Blue Iris Status > Remote to be able to use your BI local console as a remote client for your relative's system, with very nearly complete functionality. See the Remote Management section in BI's help file.

While it is technically possible to put remote cameras into your own Blue Iris groups if you set up a site to site VPN between the two locations, that is absolutely not recommended in most cases because the 24/7 video streams would use shitloads of internet bandwidth. Just one stream at a low bit rate of 1 Mbps would use 330 GB of bandwidth every month, which is higher than some home internet data caps, and it is about 6-15 times as much data as most cellular unlimited plans would let you use before throttling you.

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok Thanks, Sounds like I just need to stick with the web UI or remote into his computer if I need to. So for the phone app how do you set that up. I'm guessing I would have to change the server settings in the phone, but that sounds like alot of trouble. I know how to set up the alerts for my phone but how can you switch from one site to another for live viewing without alot of trouble.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok Thanks, Sounds like I just need to stick with the web UI or remote into his computer if I need to. So for the phone app how do you set that up. I'm guessing I would have to change the server settings in the phone, but that sounds like alot of trouble. I know how to set up the alerts for my phone but how can you switch from one site to another for live viewing without alot of trouble.
In the BI app on your phone there's a place to "add a new server".
Click on on that, skip each wizard prompt until you get to "new server" screen, then enter the info (LAN:BI port, WAN:BI port, username, password) from his BI server just like you did for yours.

Next time you open the app you can chose yours or his.

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In the BI app on your phone there's a place to "add a new server".
Click on on that, skip each wizard prompt until you get to "new server" screen, then enter the info (LAN:BI port, WAN:BI port, username, password) from his BI server just like you did for yours.

Next time you open the app you can chose yours or his.
OK Thanks for the info