Two Views to One Clip?

biggie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is anyone aware of a way to merge two camera views into the same clip?

I am working on installing two cameras and an external microphone in a room which will be used for recording interviews.

The idea is to export the two camera streams and audio into a single clip. It could be PIP or side by side, but I need both to be viewable at the same time.
Any ideas?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You can do this after the fact with video editing software (and also take that opportunity to sync them with the audio).

Otherwise the only way to do it in Blue Iris would be to make a camera group out of the two cameras, then add a new camera in Blue Iris and for the video source, have Blue Iris connect to its own web server stream of that camera group. It would be inefficient and not very good quality this way.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can do this after the fact with video editing software (and also take that opportunity to sync them with the audio).

Otherwise the only way to do it in Blue Iris would be to make a camera group out of the two cameras, then add a new camera in Blue Iris and for the video source, have Blue Iris connect to its own web server stream of that camera group. It would be inefficient and not very good quality this way.
Yep, we covered this last month and I did it here; it works but it IS inefiicient as you said.