Two way audio with any camera?

tazmajazz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, has anyone been able to get two way audio to work with any camera? I have several Amcrest and D-Link two-way cameras and can only hear from the cameras but holding the mic button in the app does not produce any sound at the camera. I verified everything else is working properly by using other apps and can properly use the two way audio. I know there are other threads about this but I haven't seen a solution and I didn't want to hijack another thread. I'm starting to wonder if two way audio works for anyone with the BI app. If so, can someone please let me know how the settings should be configured? Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, has anyone been able to get two way audio to work with any camera? I have several Amcrest and D-Link two-way cameras and can only hear from the cameras but holding the mic button in the app does not produce any sound at the camera. I verified everything else is working properly by using other apps and can properly use the two way audio. I know there are other threads about this but I haven't seen a solution and I didn't want to hijack another thread. I'm starting to wonder if two way audio works for anyone with the BI app. If so, can someone please let me know how the settings should be configured? Thanks!
yes if setup properly it will work with hikvision cube cameras...you likely have a settings error...follow the instructions and leave audio settings at default in blue iris...you can try email support and giving him access to your specific cameras for testing.

tazmajazz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, thank you for the reply! Are there specific instructions for two way audio settings? I was unable to find any. I tried the default settings and any other setting I could think of to no avail. Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, thank you for the reply! Are there specific instructions for two way audio settings? I was unable to find any. I tried the default settings and any other setting I could think of to no avail. Thanks!
post your blue iris as well as camera settings..

tazmajazz

n3wb
Reaction score
Please see below. The camera in question is a D-Link 2310L. Thanks so much for taking a look!

upload_2017-1-30_21-36-24.png

upload_2017-1-30_21-37-43.png

upload_2017-1-30_21-38-18.png

upload_2017-1-30_21-38-41.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does the camera allow for audio codec selection? Also try using some of the options from the dropdown menu even though they dont exactly match your camera...particularly the rtsp options as well as the ones that note an audio codec like g.726...
Finally if you are not using the cameras motion detection to trigger blue iris (onvif) uncheck get events with pull point..

tazmajazz

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately there is no "audio codec" option in the camera config. When you say to try some different options in the drop down menu - are you suggesting that I select some cameras that are not that are not mine to just see if they work? Thanks again.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately there is no "audio codec" option in the camera config. When you say to try some different options in the drop down menu - are you suggesting that I select some cameras that are not that are not mine to just see if they work? Thanks again.
Yes try the other D-Link options

tazmajazz

n3wb
Reaction score
I just wanted to provide an update to this thread so we didn't leave any loose ends. Ken from BI said that BI is not compatible with this D-Link camera. This camera is, however, listed on the list of compatible cameras so this makes me concerned about how I can purchase another camera that I know will be compatible. I'm going to start another thread asking for Outdoor, POE, two-way audio camera recommendations that are compatible with BI and hopefully people with first hand experience will have some options. Thanks!