UART JP1 Connector on Hikvision Circuit Board

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a plug that plugs into the JP1 UART connector on the Hikvision circuit boards. They all have them, but this is a picture of a 2732 circuit board. I have some dead cameras and want to try and see what the bootloader is doing.

Attachments

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you looked on Amazon? Link is to a search on them. :cool:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, but I have that piece already, just wanted an easy way to plug into that connector.

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, but I have that piece already, just wanted an easy way to plug into that connector.
Not sure what you mean - some of the ones listed looked like they would pop right in, maybe you can be a little more detailed on what it is you want?

If all you need is the connector itself and you're going to do your own wiring into it there are many electronic part stores (seems like a pain in the arse to me though). I was in the Navy for 9 years as an electronics technician, so feel free to be wonky. I have tons of electronic parts around here, and you sound like it may be the same for you - it might be you can find that plug on another piece of junk equipment you have lying around and snag its cable (that would be my first instinct). :cool:

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, take one of the ones on Amazon, this one - http://www.amazon.com/PL2303HX-RS232-Cable-Module-Converter/dp/B008AGDTA4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1422161026&sr=8-2&keywords=uart+cable

You see it has 4 connectors to go on 4 pins, all cool right, except they are too big to fit in the connector on the camera's circuit board. Sure, I can get a needle nose pliers, break the connector apart in pieces, but don't want to do that, just want to plug it in. The reason is I get damaged cameras, and some won't boot up and would be nice to see what's going on.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Understand. Can you give me a more zoomed in picture of the connector? It looks like a standard connector to me that can be found in many electronic devices (old motherboards, cards, stereos... or the parts store if needed, but I'd bet I have one of those with a cable attached that could be used. I'm assuming that if you had the connector with the wires already you could splice it to your needs? An electronics parts store would certainly have it - and it would be cheap.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here's a better shot with a ruler so you can gauge size. There is another 4 pin connector on these cameras, but it's too small, pins don't line up and it's a different style.

Attachments

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How about this on Ebay or this one on Aliexpress. I don't think it's a JST connector. Not looking at the purchase side - just if it is correct (Aliexpress has some exact measurments that can be used to check).

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like they make this connector anywhere from 1.0mm to 1.5mm, check out this link on Ebay, not just the one advertised but look below at the 30 items similar to it, notice it comes in 1.0, 1.25 and 1.5 mm sizes.

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'd be tempted to make one... :D

This kind of stuff has helped in my mad ideas..
Now that is some crazy cool stuff, can it be colored? Looks like it would be excellent to use it to replace a broken plastic part on an item if needed.

I think a bit over the top for this connector, although with it you could make a non standard connector with ease (and that couild come in real handy).

Awesome - Thanks, that gets the mind pumping for sure. :cool:

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. It looks like they posted this on Radio Control Accessories area of eBay, so maybe a local hobby shop would have it. I'll check tomorrow.

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's an excellent place to look - don't forget to take the board with you as many look similar. That type of connector really is very common, shouldn't be hard to find (fingers crossed). :)

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How about this on Ebay or this one on Aliexpress. I don't think it's a JST connector. Not looking at the purchase side - just if it is correct (Aliexpress has some exact measurments that can be used to check).
Thanks, that did the trick. Took a while to get from China but nobody on this side of the Pacific had anything like that. Also tried a few hobby stores, but none I went to sell just connectors. Now I have to get some free time and experiment with it.