Ubiquity set ups we do at Car Dealerships W/UDP Cameras

Baspinall

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Forget what p/n they are. Added the pole mount. Can look it up for you if you need it when I get back. Getting on a plane for a job in Utah at the moment. Be out for a week.

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How did you tap into the power on the pole?

Baspinall

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
We have an electrician either provide us a 110 whip or a weather proof outlet. we then take it from there. Most poles are 440 I believe.

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks! Most of the poles I encounter are on a timer and don't have constant power.

Baspinall

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yeah we have had that issue as well. Also, newer poles are LED which is a bit different as well.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
NEMA box with POE switch and DIN rail power supply.
Just saw your post from Aug. of '16, great photo and install. I noted how the Ubiquiti radio was mounted, looks like it did not have the convenience and strength of the other mounts which employed the BAND-IT style stainless steel straps and you had to drill, tap and screw it to the pole. Early on there were few if any choices in mounts for radios like the Ubiquiti until RF Elements came along. I've used a dozen or so of their first generation mounts for the Ubiquiti NSM2's and 5's as well as the smaller Loco. It features a U-bolt mount for a standard 1-1/4" antenna mast. But their latest generation employs the worm gear drive stainless steel straps so you can run those around your pole instead of breaking out the drill. I used the cumbersome but necessary BAND-IT straps, buckles and tool for years up high on steel street light poles and traffic signal poles to avoid abrading or drilling the galvanized or powder-coated finishes. Otherwise you could expect a couple of years later an ugly rust stain running down the side of an otherwise pristine pole.

I haven't purchased or used the latest NanoBracket mounts that use straps pictured here but if they're anything like the earlier ones, they're sturdy, functional and economical (under $7 each at Streakwave in San Jose, CA).
NanoBracket-for-NSM-300.jpg NanoBracket-for-locoM-300.jpg

Baspinall

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good info. I haven't seen these but will look into them. You know what else Ive been looking for is the worm gear straps that have the slots all the way down so one strap does multiple sized poles. I hate buying 6", 4" etc. Can't find the ones that are slotted all the way down anywhere.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That would be ideal, but can't say I've ever seen them either. However, and you may have already thought of or done this...I have put 2 or 3 "in series" so to speak just like a nylon wire tie, adding their lengths to achieve the desired total length / circumference; three 4-1/2 inchers add up to almost a 12 incher when the worm gears are engaged enough. It would be pricier than a single 12" but could keep you from having to stop, go get longer clamps, return, set up the bucket truck again, etc. Then those 'pricey' clamps become cheap!

Baspinall

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah Ive put them together as well. I also have used banding tools but they are a PIA.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah Ive put them together as well. I also have used banding tools but they are a PIA.
Tell me about it. On one occasion, I dropped the tightening tool from about 25 feet, hit the sidewalk and broke one of the two wings off the tightening crank. Kept a safety line on its replacement.

Baspinall

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Plus they slice the crap out of your hands if your not really careful. Should have been stitched after one job with those tools. Working in really cold weather up 25 feet or so and they aren't fun.