UDOO x86

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There's been more than a few posts about Raspberry Pi and what can and can't be done with it but I just stumbled across these new-ish boards. Was wondering if anyone has any experience with them and how they've performed in comparison.

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Question is what is you need ? what do you expect from such micro board ?

I say this because you are trying to compare two totaly different kind of boards (processing performances and pricing) that have no common point.

I could understand for example if you asked for RasPi vs BeagleBoard / Latte / Banana/ UDOO Neo but not UDOO x86

Last edited:

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm just talking in general terms, if anyone has used one and what they used it for.

There's a few posts of people getting crafty with Pi for remote viewing in their houses and some other things and I saw a few videos on YouTube comparing them for various video streaming, web browsing, etc and just wondered if anyone here has gotten their hands on one and done anything interesting with it.

I currently have one Pi3 loaded with RetroPie and Kodi (just loaded, haven't used it yet) with another on the way for Christmas that I'm probably gonna load with BrewPi for my home brew but I enjoy hearing what others have used them for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
But they are still two completly diffrent computers, the UDOO x86 is a true x86 PC, I mean with standard CELERON/ATOM processor 2Ghz+ and 2-8GB RAM and Gigabit Ethernet/SATA, so there is no point to compare it with RasPi "how they've performed in comparison" but this is only my point of view.

I think you'd better look at UDOO x86 from a different angle, as a "classical" PC Notebook's motherboard based on Intel Atom but with an onboard Arduino based microcontroller providing many I/O and by the way this product is only Pre-Order so not publicly available so I guess you'll not find a lot of people that tried it for now, the reviews you saw on Youtube are certainely pre-production sent to reviewers for a bit of "free" advertisement.

And there is also a huge processor difference between the low and high-end models (I suppose the reviews on Youtube are based on the top model ;-) between small Atom X5-E8000 2.00 Ghz and better Pentium N3710 2.56 Ghz (and N3710 processor is what you have in many 250$ low budget Notebooks), same for RAM with 8GB for higher priced model vs 2GB for cheapest one.

Last edited:

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Gotcha, thanks for the info, I really hadn't looked into it's much but the few articles I had read compared it to the Pi so I just figured the creative minds on here would tap into that potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk