Ui2 Loses Presets

JayMan

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Each time I reboot my IP cams for any reason the PTZ Presets in the Ui2 interface no longer work. I have to go set them all again.

Can I stop this from happening, do I have a setting that is no correct?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

Each time I reboot my IP cams for any reason the PTZ Presets in the Ui2 interface no longer work. I have to go set them all again.

Can I stop this from happening, do I have a setting that is no correct?
if rebooting your ip camera causes you to lose presets, the problem is not with ui2....its with your camera...ui2/bi needs your camera to recall the presets to work...
fyi, ui3 is out...

JayMan

n3wb
Reaction score
if rebooting your ip camera causes you to lose presets, the problem is not with ui2....its with your camera...ui2/bi needs your camera to recall the presets to work...
fyi, ui3 is out...
yeah I know Ui3 is out, I am not the fan of it yet but some day. As for the presets if I go into the web interface for the cameras itself and press the 1-9 buttons those still work. If I then set them in Ui2 again (long click, press ok) they start to work again.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you run an inspect scan in bi? That pulls the presets from the cam into bi.
Ui3 and 2 pull the presets from bi.

JayMan

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you run an inspect scan in bi? That pulls the presets from the cam into bi.
Ui3 and 2 pull the presets from bi.
Only for the org. setup never after that and not after a disconnection.
I just reproduced it in the following order.
Set the preset in Ui2, just 1 on 1 cam. Moved the cam and hit the preset and it went back.
Rebooted the cam from its own web interface
Ui2, Preset stopped working, Cam interface it still works.

I didn't touch any of the settings in Blue Iris or the Ui2.

Cam is using generic RTSP for video and ONVIF for PTZ.

Could Blue Iris be running the inspect itself on a disconnect/reconnect? (it doesn't on just a disable I just tried that)

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Only for the org. setup never after that and not after a disconnection.
I just reproduced it in the following order.
Set the preset in Ui2, just 1 on 1 cam. Moved the cam and hit the preset and it went back.
Rebooted the cam from its own web interface
Ui2, Preset stopped working, Cam interface it still works.

I didn't touch any of the settings in Blue Iris or the Ui2.

Cam is using generic RTSP for video and ONVIF for PTZ.

Could Blue Iris be running the inspect itself on a disconnect/reconnect? (it doesn't on just a disable I just tried that)
Set the presets up in the camera it's self, then do an inspect in BI. See if that helps.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
There might be something fishy about the PTZ preset configuration in Blue Iris Camera Properties > PTZ/Control tab, Edit presets button. Have a look, it should be something like this for each of the first 20 presets.

JayMan

n3wb
Reaction score
Picture one is what it looks after it pulls the ONVIF from the camera and I set them in the Web UI. Picture two is just downloaded from the camera with camera level presets but no UI2 presets made.

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like the camera's onvif implementation sucks. What kind of camera is it? Is there an option for that brand in the dropdown list on the PTZ/Control tab?

JayMan

n3wb
Reaction score
Sounds like the camera's onvif implementation sucks. What kind of camera is it? Is there an option for that brand in the dropdown list on the PTZ/Control tab?
Yeah it's a sumpple cam and it's listed but if you use that model in the PTZ the presets go nuts. If I hit preset 1 in the UI the camera spins itself around until the image is upside down. I flip it back to ONVIF and press the same preset and it goes back to normal.

And yeah the ONVIF does suck on it. If I use the ONVIF Device Manager software I can't open half the options.

JayMan

n3wb
Reaction score
And so you don't think I am nuts. You can see it go from ONVIF to Sumpple and then go crazy and then go back to ONVIF using the same preset each time.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't believe my eyes. The camera went upside-down and didn't even auto-rotate the image for you. Does it do that normally or only when you use Blue Iris to goto a preset? Next time you buy a PTZ, make sure it is from a known quality brand like Dahua or Hikvision.

Also, perhaps off-topic, but you sure go for the hard-to-reach PTZ controls. You know there are PTZ controls under the live views and you don't have to dig through a context menu to reach them?

JayMan

n3wb
Reaction score
I can't believe my eyes. The camera went upside-down and didn't even auto-rotate the image for you. Does it do that normally or only when you use Blue Iris to goto a preset? Next time you buy a PTZ, make sure it is from a known quality brand like Dahua or Hikvision.

Also, perhaps off-topic, but you sure go for the hard-to-reach PTZ controls. You know there are PTZ controls under the live views and you don't have to dig through a context menu to reach them?
It's all about the $$$, if I had it I would have gone better cams, 1080P with 20x zoom etc..ahh well.

Using the cameras web interface I have never been able to reproduce the crazy PTZ movement but the image never auto rotates. And yes I noticed that PTZ menu afterward, I really don't use the GUI it is normally all the web interface.
But while making that video I did discover that no matter what preset and what it is set to it always goes back to that same upside down spot.

Anyways I just found it odd that I had to reset the UI presets each time even if they still show the same settings, the only reason I discovered it we had a few power outages over the past week and each time the cameras came back up the presets stopped working until I redid them in the BI UI.