UI3 Display Clock

Joe88

n3wb
Reaction score
Wondering if there is a way to display a clock in the UI3 interface? I realize this request may be unusual but I had a customer ask me and I didn't find the answer anywhere.

Thanks!

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wondering if there is a way to display a clock in the UI3 interface? I realize this request may be unusual but I had a customer ask me and I didn't find the answer anywhere.

Thanks!
that would be nice. The time is too small on cams and would be nice to have a clock feature added.

Not sure if BItools can add it like it does the CPU usage.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Enlarge the font used in the camera.
Some camera models do not have this option. And the ones that do don't make them that big. I have them on a 30" screen and I cannot see the time from 10 feet away but I can see the larger font weather/humidity cpu usage from BI tools. It would be great to have a clock feature too so it can be seen from anywhere in the room.

Time shows in the bottom left corner in full screen mode.
what do you mean?

erensfd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
UI3 shows the time in the bottom left corner when I go full screen.
0D445BA9-DD28-4CAB-AE47-FE20F6A659A2.jpeg

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
UI3 shows the time in the bottom left corner when I go full screen.
Thanks, but I am not speaking about UI3. I have HDMI extenders and would be best as an overlay with BI tools if you can add it. This way it can be on the screen with anything you use as long as you have the overlay.

Edcfish

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not what i would consider ideal, but you could setup BITools to Update weather every minute, then only display the Time Updated and assign it to a BI Macro.

Another 'not ideal to me' solution would be to create a batch file with the contents (echo %date% %time% > datetime.txt ) that runs every minute via Task Scheduler. It then saves the current date/time to a .txt file and you can use that file for the BI Macro.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just an observation:
  • The OP @Joe88 asked in post #1 about ability to display time in UI3.
  • @erensfd answered his question in posts #3 & 6.
That is not an ideal situation to have a 1 full screen many view all cams and on yes UI3 but others cloning BI screen won't have that.

erensfd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is not an ideal situation to have a 1 full screen many view all cams and on yes UI3 but others cloning BI screen won't have that.
The clock shows once UI3 is in full-screen mode. It doesn’t matter if you are viewing a single cam or all of them. I was just trying to help the OP, who specifically asked about UI3; too bad it doesn’t help your case. Wouldn’t BI’s built-in time overlay help you if you select a large enough font size?