UI3 MP4 Export No Video

StarAPI

n3wb
Reaction score
All:

I attempted to search the site and was unable to find something similar. If i missed it, feel free to set me straight. I've previously been able to export a portion of a clip from my iOS device from the UI3 interface and view/download, Message it around, without any issues. However, recently, these exports are black video with audio only. I do not recall making changes to any setups recently, but this has to be user error at some point. The exports will play correctly on my other non-iOS devices, so an issue with the conversion? I'm picking the MP4 setting and am on BI version 5.2.7.12.

Many thanks in advance.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
All:

I attempted to search the site and was unable to find something similar. If i missed it, feel free to set me straight. I've previously been able to export a portion of a clip from my iOS device from the UI3 interface and view/download, Message it around, without any issues. However, recently, these exports are black video with audio only. I do not recall making changes to any setups recently, but this has to be user error at some point. The exports will play correctly on my other non-iOS devices, so an issue with the conversion? I'm picking the MP4 setting and am on BI version 5.2.7.12.

Many thanks in advance.
did you switch to h265?

StarAPI

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm noticing that all my new UI3 exports are now dated 5/30. Exports before that date, no issue with video. Videos since then, including today are audio only with black screen. Selecting MP4 export and re-encoding is not checked. I do not have H265 cameras. From the console, the clip shows the correct date/time of the export. Files are being saved with incorrect date and timestamp.

Reaction score
All:

Many thanks in advance.
I am having a similar problem on Windows, using UI3, where my exports only contain audio, no video (but worked prior). The issues seems to be sporadic, but for the current clip I am trying (from the same .bvr file) it is failing to export video every time (audio only). I had a ticket open with support, but we had not resolved it, and the problem seemed to have gone away. However, it appears to be back. Did you find a resolution or have you tried another device?