UI3 multiple camera playback

Reaction score
Hello,

How do I view multiple clips and then save a time period from these cameras? Have 16 cameras and have made a group for the 3 I would like to view and save. I read somewhere about double clicking on the timeline but haven't been able to get this to work.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

How do I view multiple clips and then save a time period from these cameras? Have 16 cameras and have made a group for the 3 I would like to view and save. I read somewhere about double clicking on the timeline but haven't been able to get this to work.
You must do this in the server interface it cannot be done with ui3.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
How does it do live group view then?
I apologize, my statement was poorly worded.

What I wrote was "the web server does not support streaming multiple cameras at once."

but I meant that in the context of clip playback. What I should have written was "the web server does not support streaming multiple clips at once."

(edited in post above)

Mikk36

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Technically it should be able to stream multiple cameras simultaneously, but there's no good way to have them properly in sync, right? (multiple tabs could play back different cameras?)
A single stream with multiple cams joined (like group view) would be better, of course.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I apologize, my statement was poorly worded.

What I wrote was "the web server does not support streaming multiple cameras at once."

but I meant that in the context of clip playback. What I should have written was "the web server does not support streaming multiple clips at once."

(edited in post above)
Thanks. My heart skipped a beat when I read that and then realized you most likely meant clips since I have 2-3 ui3 up at any giving time.

HugChopShop

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is unfortunate. Would love to see this added. I have a couple areas were one camera flows into another. Reviewing both at the same time would be "ergonomic".

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is unfortunate. Would love to see this added. I have a couple areas were one camera flows into another. Reviewing both at the same time would be "ergonomic".
you can use a second copy of blue iris which can be purchased for half price as a full client which will allow you to do this.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
What happens if you try to use an un-activated BI installation as a viewing client? I know the patch notes on 5.1.0 - Feburary 16, 2020 said that after the evaluation period is over, BI will continue to run as a "viewer only".

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What happens if you try to use an un-activated BI installation as a viewing client? I know the patch notes on 5.1.0 - Feburary 16, 2020 said that after the evaluation period is over, BI will continue to run as a "viewer only".
It wont work. It only works as a viewer for playback of recorded files that you have locally.