UI3 on Raspberry Pi 3 B vs Raspberry Pi 3 B+

adamrx7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys I have been using BI for almost two years and have gone deep down the rabbit hole :)
My main setup is around 30 IP cameras all high bitrate on a i7-7700k/SSD system (runs awesome). All this going through a few Ubiquiti Unifi POE switches.

I have both a Raspberry Pi 3 B and a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ that I use for viewing UI3 and WOW what a difference the + makes. The video is smother and cleaner with the higher ethernet speed. I also can run 1080p YouTube videos now with the plus model.

I am just using Raspbian and Chromium (FlintOS).

I very excited to deploy more B+'s in the future. They need to get going on the oem POE hats as you still can not buy them.

STGMavrick

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I plan on replacing a couple of my 3s. I was real excited for the Poe until I found out it needed a hat. There are splitters made for the pi that are cheaper and easier to keep the height profile of the pi down.

adamrx7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes I use splitters right now. I'm also waiting for the new Tinker Board S to come out this month. It looks to be a good board for UI3.

adamrx7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well I broke down and bought a TinkerBoard at MicroCenter for $49.99 and WOW!!! it's even better then the PiB+!!! I now have changed my mind and will be doing TB deployments when needed for UI3.