UI3 Wont Load in Chrome

BlueWave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys for the past 6+ months I'm unable to view my UI3 through Chrome but works just fine on Safari or Firefox. Tested this on 3 different computers, all do the exact same thing. Is there something in Chrome causing this? It just sits there trying to load the page for 30+ min, never gives an error or times out, just trying to connect indefinitely and all other computers do the same thing, except Safari & FireFox work perfectly fine.

Any ideaa?

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
You try clearing cache or incognito mode? All I use is chrome and I have no issues. Also - what versions of BI and UI3 are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tokens

n3wb
Reaction score
1. Back up your bookmarks and make sure you have up to date version.
2. Close Chrome
3. Go to C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data and rename the 'user data' folder. Example User Data_old
4. Start chrome and give it another go.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've never had to try the method proposed by @Tokens above but sounds like something to keep in mind, so thanks for that.

Keep in mind though, @BlueWave , in order to browse to find the "AppData" folder, you'll have to have "Control Panel", "Folder options", ("File Explorer" in Win 10), "view" tab, "show hidden files, folders and drives" radio button ticked.

I mention this because the Windows default is UN-ticked, so you can't browse to locate that normally hidden folder.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
I've never had to try the method proposed by @Tokens above but sounds like something to keep in mind, so thanks for that.

Keep in mind though, @BlueWave , in order to browse to find the "AppData" folder, you'll have to have "Control Panel", "Folder options", ("File Explorer" in Win 10), "view" tab, "show hidden files, folders and drives" radio button ticked.

I mention this because the Windows default is UN-ticked, so you can't browse to locate that normally hidden folder.
@TonyR the shortcut for that would be ALT-V which will bring up than menu in explorer. From there you can check show hidden items. Might be quicker than navigating to the Control Panel. Always 3 ways to do something in Windows :)

Tokens

n3wb
Reaction score
you can normally type the address ...\user\appdata (hit enter) without making it visible as hidden folders are not protected just hidden.

What it does is it's basically a hard reset of Chrome settings like on a fresh PC and doing it in Chrome-> Reset to factory setting is not the same.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@TonyR the shortcut for that would be ALT-V which will bring up than menu in explorer. From there you can check show hidden items. Might be quicker than navigating to the Control Panel. Always 3 ways to do something in Windows :)
Thx for the tip, but I do it once in Control Panel, never have to do it again.
you can normally type the address ...\user\appdata (hit enter) without making it visible as hidden folders are not protected just hidden.
Thx for the tip....but I do it once in Control Panel, never have to remember paths. I'll be 71 in 2 weeks and used to have no problems with paths and commands in DOS...but that was 35 years ago! :confused: