UK delivery from Andy @ EmpireTechnology

RustyVan

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Everyone

As a newcomer to IP cameras I've spent the last couple of months absorbing all the information on this site in the hope of making an informed decision about which cameras (have a search for cliff notes, they are very good!) and where to buy them.

I've a limited budget and to put that into context I'd played around with a couple of Digoo 1080p wifi cameras from the likes of Banggood at about 20 UK pounds! After realising I need to spend a "little" bit more I've bought a couple of IPC-HDW4431EM-ASE cameras direct from Andy at Empire Technology.

The reason for my post is to re-assure any other newbies about purchasing from Andy. I'd contacted him direct via his email. He's responded to my queries quickly and is honest about which items has has in stock. Once I'd confirmed which cameras I wanted in an email, an invoice popped up in Paypal. I also wanted to make sure they came via the "tax free" route. In the UK imports from outside the EU can incur additional tax at customs and he reassured me it would arrive the tax free way. Once I'd paid the invoice, 2 days later I received an email from Paypal with some tracking information. Then I got worried as for 10 days the tracking information appeared to show it hadn't been posted. I emailed Andy and he came straight back to me saying the cameras were on their way and the tracking wouldn't update until it was sent on from NL (Netherlands?). I assume this is part of the tax free way!

This morning the doorbell rang and UPS was there with my cameras. So if you're in the UK and have any worries about ordering from Andy, from my perspective his reputation on here is justified. He answered my questions, I confirmed what I wanted, Paypal invoice turned up, I paid via Paypal, cameras were sent promptly, and 15 days after paying cameras arrive on you doorstep in the UK without the additional cost of import taxes (VAT). As others have said, a great service from Andy.

Now to unbox them and have a play.

RustyVan

Andy's site Empire Technology Co., Ltd - Small Orders Online Store, Hot Selling and more on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
Andy's email (Andy) at kingsecurity2014@163.com

CliveS

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Everyone

As a newcomer to IP cameras I've spent the last couple of months absorbing all the information on this site in the hope of making an informed decision about which cameras (have a search for cliff notes, they are very good!) and where to buy them.

I've a limited budget and to put that into context I'd played around with a couple of Digoo 1080p wifi cameras from the likes of Banggood at about 20 UK pounds! After realising I need to spend a "little" bit more I've bought a couple of IPC-HDW4431EM-ASE cameras direct from Andy at Empire Technology.

The reason for my post is to re-assure any other newbies about purchasing from Andy. I'd contacted him direct via his email. He's responded to my queries quickly and is honest about which items has has in stock. Once I'd confirmed which cameras I wanted in an email, an invoice popped up in Paypal. I also wanted to make sure they came via the "tax free" route. In the UK imports from outside the EU can incur additional tax at customs and he reassured me it would arrive the tax free way. Once I'd paid the invoice, 2 days later I received an email from Paypal with some tracking information. Then I got worried as for 10 days the tracking information appeared to show it hadn't been posted. I emailed Andy and he came straight back to me saying the cameras were on their way and the tracking wouldn't update until it was sent on from NL (Netherlands?). I assume this is part of the tax free way!

This morning the doorbell rang and UPS was there with my cameras. So if you're in the UK and have any worries about ordering from Andy, from my perspective his reputation on here is justified. He answered my questions, I confirmed what I wanted, Paypal invoice turned up, I paid via Paypal, cameras were sent promptly, and 15 days after paying cameras arrive on you doorstep in the UK without the additional cost of import taxes (VAT). As others have said, a great service from Andy.

Now to unbox them and have a play.

RustyVan

Andy's site Empire Technology Co., Ltd - Small Orders Online Store, Hot Selling and more on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
Andy's email (Andy) at kingsecurity2014@163.com
Exactly the same situation as myself

I emailed Andy and he sent a Paypal invoice which I paid on the 8 March and on the 12 March Paypal sent an email with tracking number which you click on and that takes you to UPS (get the IOS (or Android?) app and sign up for updates, tracking and notification of delivery ).
You can also go into your Paypal account and see all the info there as well.

So I watched daily for updates and it seemed to stick in The Netherlands for days (arrived NL 10 March, departed for UK 17 March) so perhaps the parcel took a site seeing trip around Amsterdam!

Arrived today, 12 days in total ( I had to wait until 15.50, no am delivery for me!) and now need to set them up.

Would I do it again, yes without a doubt as in the UK DHL charge £11.00 to collect import duty which is between 5-9% of goods and shipping costs, then add VAT @20% on the total.

Would I trust Andy again, no brainer, yes.